Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hurricane Otter

Re: Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Post by Hurricane Otter »

I found an impossible smaller dungeon at Theodyrick Laboratory in Daggerfall. The quest item was in a section of the dungeon that was totally separated from the first area.

pango

Post by pango »

sonicboom12345 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 pm I found an impossible smaller dungeon at Theodyrick Laboratory in Daggerfall. The quest item was in a section of the dungeon that was totally separated from the first area.
That dungeon looked correct to me. It contains a secret, but I'd prefer not spoil it here.
If you provide a game save, I could tell whether the quest item is behind that secret passage, or if there's actually a bug.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hurricane Otter

Post by Hurricane Otter »

pango wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:19 pm
sonicboom12345 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 pm I found an impossible smaller dungeon at Theodyrick Laboratory in Daggerfall. The quest item was in a section of the dungeon that was totally separated from the first area.
That dungeon looked correct to me. It contains a secret, but I'd prefer not spoil it here.
If you provide a game save, I could tell whether the quest item is behind that secret passage, or if there's actually a bug.
Ah, never mind. I found the secret. It wasn't that the generation was broken, it's just the game stumped me. :P

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Could somebody post some screenshots of a random finished small dungeon's 3D map so I can get the gist of how big/small they really are compared to vanilla?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This is the entirety of Castle Shurgrn in Alik'r Desert, small sized. Second photo is same elevation as first, just rotated 90 degrees.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:15 am This is the entirety of Castle Shurgrn in Alik'r Desert, small sized. Second photo is same elevation as first, just rotated 90 degrees.
Still quite big but not as gigantic as the original, think I might give this mod a shot. Thanks alot!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I'm liking this setting so far. Definitely intend to mess around with it some more. The ridiculously convoluted classic dungeon maps coupled with the limitations of the automap system were by far the biggest annoyance for me in classic, but this helps!

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

This topic was started in january, is it still being tested? far along in testing? needs alot more testing? About finished? If it needs alot more testing ill give a try.

Feiros

Post by Feiros »

Tested 50+ dungeons and I had 100% success rate to all.

pango

Post by pango »

From what I heard the main remaining constraint is that you shouldn't have running "dungeon" quests at the time you switch it on, because it doesn't relocate quest targets, is that correct?
Because beside that I'm seeing lots of positive feedback, so that could be the last pinch of player-friendliness required to exit experimental status...

One streamer suggested, as an improvement, to be able to choose the percentage of smaller dungeons instead of being all or nothing. Then we discussed whether quests should give a hint about the size of the involved dungeons, mmh.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart