Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Post by Interkarma »

Hey guys! I'll soon merge your work into master as part of getting ready for 0.2 release. I have a bunch of stuff to fix on my end and lots to test from contributors. I'm starting this thread in case I have any problems or questions with new code. I'll let you know how I go sometime in the next week or so.

Nystul

Re: Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Post by Nystul »

alright! ready to help ;) do you also want to add the reflections mod - or will this be excluded from 0.2?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

OK, sounds good :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:alright! ready to help ;) do you also want to add the reflections mod - or will this be excluded from 0.2?
Sure! If you have an updated version, I'll be happy to pop it into 0.2. :)

BTW, I've updated the build to Unity 5.3.3f1 at my end now. That specular lighting problem is still present, but at least we know what it is and I may have a workaround. If not fixed in 5.4, I will look at building a custom shader for general scenes. Actually, that might happen at some point anyway. I'm really unhappy with the lighting in Daggerfall Unity in general.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote:
Nystul wrote:alright! ready to help ;) do you also want to add the reflections mod - or will this be excluded from 0.2?
Sure! If you have an updated version, I'll be happy to pop it into 0.2. :)
basically code cleanup and some minor improvements. would you create a branch for the pull-request?
Interkarma wrote: BTW, I've updated the build to Unity 5.3.3f1 at my end now. That specular lighting problem is still present, but at least we know what it is and I may have a workaround. If not fixed in 5.4, I will look at building a custom shader for general scenes. Actually, that might happen at some point anyway. I'm really unhappy with the lighting in Daggerfall Unity in general.
Interesting ;) There are some arguments for and against a custom shader - my concerns regard the no-longer-out-of-the-box integration with functionality/assets that depend on the standard shader, e.g:
Unity's cinematic image effects bundle has some really nice stuff in it...

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Have created a new branch now for reflections mod.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ctions-mod

BTW, everything is now merged into master with the exception of new reflections mod branch, which is currently in line with master. I'm in the process now of making sure everything works together as planned.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Alright guys, awesome work as usual. I've merged in your changes and everything basically works out of the box. :) There are just a few minor issues we need to fix, but seriously nothing major at all so far. :D I'll post more if find any other little problems.

Travel Map
  • After travel, player starts at pixel origin, often very far from desired location. Passing RepositionMethods.RandomStartMarker in TeleportToCoordinates() should fix this.
  • Should cautious travel ensure player always arrives at daytime?
  • Filter types showing wrong buttons. This is my fault sorry! I changed the UI cutout method back to using top-left origin. There's also some new UI helpers in DaggerfallWorkshop.Utility.ImageReader() that may assist.
  • Cybiades aligned outside of land-mass area. This is probably my stuff-up as I helped with that bit of logic.
  • Right-mouse zoom in/out still needs implementing, but this is not critical for 0.2. I can help with this later if needed. :)
Actions Update
  • Bashing locked door in Daggerfall castle gave me a debug error "some allocations have not been deleted, yet reference count is 0". Is this something I missed when integrating? Game crashed shortly after, but not sure that was related.
Automap
  • Starting directly in dungeon (e.g. new game or load game) causes automap exception as gameobjectGeometry and others are not set. Transitioning into dungeon from outside does not have this issue. Interiors also seem unaffected. Recommend using a property to access these components and cache references on first access. Similar pattern to that used in GameManager.
Anyway, I am absolutely stoked with the work you guys have done here. I have a lot more problems to fix with the inventory UI than this haha. :) Once things are squared away, I have to create a 0.2 feature video to showcase all this cool shit.

If you have any fixes for me later, just check them straight into master.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote: Automap
  • Starting directly in dungeon (e.g. new game or load game) causes automap exception as gameobjectGeometry and others are not set. Transitioning into dungeon from outside does not have this issue. Interiors also seem unaffected. Recommend using a property to access these components and cache references on first access. Similar pattern to that used in GameManager.
will find a solution for this. is the only way to start inside a dungeon to start a new game at the moment?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's interesting - I can't reproduce that. I've tried quite a few doors and no problems yet. Is it reproducible? Can you tell me what door it was?
It was first door on the left after entering Daggerfall court. I haven't tried to reproduce again today, sorry. Will try again soon.
will find a solution for this. is the only way to start inside a dungeon to start a new game at the moment?
Easiest way is to set StartGameBehaviour to New Game and untick movies options. It will drop you straight into Privateer's Hold with a default character. Could also use quick save/load to launch dungeon from load screen.

Thank you guys. :)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I've merged everything into my local master and ran around bashing doors for a good bit, I didn't experience any problems.

Are you sure the changes to GetTextureFromImg() are working correctly? No matter what position coordinate y I give it, I get the same image back (which is why the button textures are duplicating).