Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Post by Interkarma »

OK, added SaveLoadManager.OnSave and SaveLoadManager.OnLoad events now. These events are raised at the time save/load process is completed and all object state restored. It also passes the SaveData_v1 class to event handler. This data package contains everything known about save, including exterior doors (if present). Check SaveLoadManager.LoadGame() method for an example of checking for presence of exterior doors in save data.

I still think it's worth checking out the OnPush/OnPop overrides though. I'm more comfortable with the automap only doing things when opened or closed, as opposed to every time the player loads a game or walks through a door. If you feel that's necessary however, I will trust your judgement and roll with it. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote:OK, added SaveLoadManager.OnSave and SaveLoadManager.OnLoad events now. These events are raised at the time save/load process is completed and all object state restored. It also passes the SaveData_v1 class to event handler. This data package contains everything known about save, including exterior doors (if present). Check SaveLoadManager.LoadGame() method for an example of checking for presence of exterior doors in save data.

I still think it's worth checking out the OnPush/OnPop overrides though. I'm more comfortable with the automap only doing things when opened or closed, as opposed to every time the player loads a game or walks through a door. If you feel that's necessary however, I will trust your judgement and roll with it. :)
ok thanks! That should help!
the problem with the on OnPush/OnPop is that it is too late... consider this: you enter the dungeon and open the map for the first time after 1 minute of exploring the dungeon. to make the revealing of map geometry work, the automap geometry must be present - so this is why i need to do it even if the automap itself has never been opened. otherwise the map would not be revealed correctly

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

LypyL wrote:I've been working on a state manager class that might help...it's not quite ready yet though
uh really looking forward to this...

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

there is a pull-request now for the changes that should fix the automap related problems

reflection mod cleanup will be next - pull-request will come in the next 2 days
would it be ok if I also do this as pull-request to the master branch - would be a little easier.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:there is a pull-request now for the changes that should fix the automap related problems
Merged with thanks. Seems perfect now, no more problems at all. :)

The only small change I made was changing DestroyImmediate() to Destroy(). Apparently DestroyImmediate() should only be used for editor code, in-game code should use Destroy(). I only learned this recently myself. Destroy() seems to schedule for destruction at end of frame, so is pretty much instant in practice.
Nystul wrote: reflection mod cleanup will be next - pull-request will come in the next 2 days
would it be ok if I also do this as pull-request to the master branch - would be a little easier.
Sure, go for it. I have a few things to check in myself for the items system and will keep plugging away. We shouldn't conflict at all, I think we'll be working in very different parts of the code. I closed out the reflections branch since it won't be needed.

Great work mate. I am loving everything about this build.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote: Great work mate. I am loving everything about this build.
thanks! and the same back to you ;)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Today I had some time to test the current version from master branch.
I am impressed. It is already so much fun to fast travel through the world - see all the cool mods in action (i love the grass mod and I am always blown away when the enhanced sky gives me a nice sunrise/sunset).
I also like the parts of the inventory that are already working. For some reason my character cannot be equipped - but maybe it is just the status of development ;)
but as I said, I am really impressed! this becomes more and more a pleasure.
I specially liked when entering a dungeon and found me inside a tiny room with a locked door - best moment for now ;)

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Bird mod will be included in 0.2?
And DU will be compatible with AndyFall?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:Today I had some time to test the current version from master branch.
I am impressed. It is already so much fun to fast travel through the world - see all the cool mods in action (i love the grass mod and I am always blown away when the enhanced sky gives me a nice sunrise/sunset).
I also like the parts of the inventory that are already working. For some reason my character cannot be equipped - but maybe it is just the status of development ;)
but as I said, I am really impressed! this becomes more and more a pleasure.
I specially liked when entering a dungeon and found me inside a tiny room with a locked door - best moment for now ;)
Thanks for the feedback! :) For the items, double-click for now to equip. I need to properly implement the right-hand button panel, wagon, and top tabs. Weapon handedness is broken, and so is unequip at the moment. I'll race through and clean up all these items before 0.2 is released. Shouldn't take too long.
Biboran wrote:Bird mod will be included in 0.2?
And DU will be compatible with AndyFall?
Birds and grass are in current 0.2 build. The AndyFall changes should just pass through to Daggerfall Unity, but I'm not testing for this. It's preferred to use a fresh clean setup like that from Daggerfall Setup. From 0.2, I will host a known-good set of game files as a convenience for Mac & Linux users, but anyone can use those game files to ensure they're using a compatible, tested set of files.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

finished updates to reflections mod and some code cleanup
issued a new pull request ;)