Daggerfall Unity 0.2 Test

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Specter

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.2 Test

Post by Specter »

Hello everybody, I think I've found a little bug (not game breaking though).
There is a door for a house in Singham in the Wrothgarian montains that leeds on the first floor.
If you want I can give you a save where I am in front of it.

Daggerfall Unity is excellent though and it really please me to se the Illiac Bay in with a better quality . :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

0.2 came out? Who knew Christmas was in April this year? :P

I decided to give it a shot, and I found several bugs according to the parameters in the first post. (I also found several others that'll have to wait 'til they become relevant.) I'm playing on Linux, with no mods.

1. Travel map is covered in a white film. It blinks a few times on the continental travel map and then turns off. On the regional travel map, it stays on. Individual locations are not visible but are functional to the mouse if found. "Find" function works.

2. Travel map doesn't have the right-click zoom functionality of vanilla.

3. Start menu doesn't support L, S, and E keys for Load, Start, and Exit.

4. With a new character, Privateer's Hold map doesn't display properly. This image is myself in the first rat's room, and this image is myself running from the rat back towards the PC's creation point.

5. "Enter" key on Load Game screen does not work.

6. Steel equipment has adopted Elven's color.

7. Silver equipment has adopted Steel's color.

8. All wagoned items were dumped into player inventory. Off-loading player items to the wagon is functional, and items thereafter remain there.

9. Books are named "Book," rather than their unique book title. Most likely your workaround for now, I assume.

I'll continue trying things out and seeing if I can find anything else that needs fixing. A big thanks to everyone so far and a haiku:
These great programmers
With such countless volunteers
Bring wondrous results.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote:0.2 came out? Who knew Christmas was in April this year? :P
Cheers, and thanks for the detailed feedback. :)
Jay_H wrote: 1. Travel map is covered in a white film. It blinks a few times on the continental travel map and then turns off. On the regional travel map, it stays on. Seeing individual locations is near-impossible or impossible.
I've pinged Lypyl this bug on git, thanks.
Jay_H wrote: 2. Travel map doesn't have the right-click zoom functionality of vanilla.
3. Start menu doesn't support L, S, and E keys for Load, Start, and Exit.
5. "Enter" key on Load Game screen does not work.
2 not implemented yet. Wasn't even aware of 3 & 5, will check this out, thanks.
Jay_H wrote: 6. Steel equipment has adopted Elven's color.
7. Silver equipment has adopted Steel's color.
Haven't seen this one, colours are showing fine in my tests. Would you be able to send me the classic save game you imported for a repro?
Jay_H wrote: 8. All wagoned items were dumped into player inventory. Off-loading player items to the wagon is functional, and items thereafter remain there.
Some issues with detecting wagon on import remain. Could you also send me this save (if different to above)?
Jay_H wrote: 9. Books are named "Book," rather than their unique book title. Most likely your workaround for now, I assume.
Book handling in inventory not implemented yet, but the book reader itself is. Should have this one running in a few updates.
Jay_H wrote: I'll continue trying things out and seeing if I can find anything else that needs fixing. A big thanks to everyone so far and a haiku:
These great programmers
With such countless volunteers
Bring wondrous results.
Thank you for the awesome feedback and haiku! Great stuff. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Specter wrote:Hello everybody, I think I've found a little bug (not game breaking though).
There is a door for a house in Singham in the Wrothgarian montains that leeds on the first floor.
If you want I can give you a save where I am in front of it.

Daggerfall Unity is excellent though and it really please me to se the Illiac Bay in with a better quality . :)
Thank you Specter, and welcome to the forums! :D

Many of Daggerfall's interiors have the start markers poorly/incorrectly placed. Daggerfall itself tends to tell you "this house has nothing of interest" on these builduings, but I let player enter them anyway. Like you say, not too game-breaking and something I will look into further down the road.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've sent the save to you now. They occur in the same character.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Got it, thanks so much. :)

BTW, for the white overlay on travel map would you be able to quickly summarise system specs (CPU, GPU, OS, etc.) for me? Alternatively, if you could send through the output.log/player.log I can find all that info in there.

Edit: Also, what was your source for game files?

Not sure at this stage if the problem will be in the UI or just something going wrong with the travel map itself. But you're the second person to flag and I definitely want to catch this one.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've sent the player.log to your e-mail. My installation source was the Daggerfall Setup utility, and I installed it in a Windows XP Virtualbox from within my root OS. The save I provided was created only in the Windows XP shell.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome, thanks again. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Something I'll clarify about the travel map bug: on the continental view, the entire screen blinks white several times, including the frame and all buttons. I can't get a screenshot of it since it happens too quickly. On the regional view, only the inner frame is white, and it stays white permanently.

Additionally, the continental view blinks white at exactly the same speed as the "find" crosshair blinks red. Hopefully that information helps to track down what's going on.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Additionally, the continental view blinks white at exactly the same speed as the "find" crosshair blinks red. Hopefully that information helps to track down what's going on.
Ah! Excellent information, thanks :)