The guilds in this game are fantastic.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Feiros

The guilds in this game are fantastic.

Post by Feiros »

They trully feel like the actual thing. A place to meet the right people who can provide the right services and the right jobs for your character profession. Nothing more, nothing less.
Make a cup of coffee, load the game, visit your favorite guild, let it generate a nice quest and go try it. Purest rpg experience you can have. Even if you fail the quest itself, you'll always come out with more xp and gold than before.

Anyone else here who feels that catcy Hollywood style quest-lines should be left out of the guilds?

Ommamar

Re: The guilds in this game are fantastic.

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feiros

Post by Feiros »

Ommamar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:12 am There is a quest pack mod in the released mod section that extends the quest pool even further!
I'm testing the 'smaller dungeons' setting currently so I prefer to keep the quest system as vanilla as possible. I'll keep it in mind for my next run for sure.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Like the rest of the game, the guilds make you feel that you're just another member among others.
Nothing about some big evil necromancer who wants the Mages Guild dead or other similar trends.

It's what keeps me playing after all these years. :)

Morrowind's guild quests also felt that way. You simply worked your way up by doing assignments, nothing too epic.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

That's one of the most appealing aspects of the guilds in Daggerfall to me. I hate being a Mary Sue, and the center of the universe. It seems that with every new Elder scrolls game the guilds storylines become more grandiose, but suffer a lot in the writing department. I'm referring to some of the guilds in Oblivion, and all of them in Skyrim.