Testing Full Project On Git

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
reporting_a_bug

Re: Testing Full Project On Git

Post by reporting_a_bug »

Nystul wrote:hmm ok, so we need to find a sequence of actions that makes it possible to reproduce the issue
I have reproduced it by saving just before my character is slain by a mob (an orc in this case), after which I have quit the game entirely. Following this, I reloaded the save, travelled deeper into the interior of the dungeon and checked the automap. However, I did this at least 3 times before the automap stopped functioning as expected.
one further question: what happens if you click with the right mouse button on the "stairs up" button? do the missing section reappear. or do they if you press the enter key to switch to the other display modes?
Yes, this works. So it working as intended afterall? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

i will commit sepuku immediately
Last edited by reporting_a_bug on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

ok will try if I can reproduce it. fingers crossed

edit:
Yes, this works. So it working as intended afterall?
yes, it is a bit different from vanilla daggerfall - but also vanilla df did slice the geometry somewhere (based on camera height). even worse it also did hide geometry much lower than the camera height which is very unintuitive. the new approach is that you can adjust slice level. when opening the map slice level will be on player height. right click on stairs up/down adjusts it ;)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Nystul wrote:ok will try if I can reproduce it. fingers crossed

edit:
Yes, this works. So it working as intended afterall?
yes, it is a bit different from vanilla daggerfall - but also vanilla df did slice the geometry somewhere (based on camera height). even worse it also did hide geometry much lower than the camera height which is very unintuitive. the new approach is that you can adjust slice level. when opening the map slice level will be on player height. right click on stairs up/down adjusts it ;)
Not seeing a need to open on map height - Yeah, having intervening levels in the way in classic Daggerfall was annoying, but they also weren't transparent. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

kingOfWyrms

Post by kingOfWyrms »

Been checking out the build, found a few problems.

The reflections mod is reflecting sprites between me and the reflective surface. Also, the torch is a bit too bright I think, though it wasn't in the 0.2 release; everything I get close to starts to get washed out by the white light. Oh, and the game still freezes on quickload when you don't have a quicksave.

Other than that, it's looking great. Can't wait for the completed save/load interface. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

kingOfWyrms wrote:Been checking out the build, found a few problems.

The reflections mod is reflecting sprites between me and the reflective surface. Also, the torch is a bit too bright I think, though it wasn't in the 0.2 release; everything I get close to starts to get washed out by the white light. Oh, and the game still freezes on quickload when you don't have a quicksave.

Other than that, it's looking great. Can't wait for the completed save/load interface. Keep up the good work, everyone!
Cheers, thanks for taking the time. :)

Lighting on the whole is more washed out in Unity 5.3 due to some changes on their side. Project needs a full re-light pass that I won't get to on this release. Quickload issue should be fixed once new save/load system completed.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

wrong sprite reflections happen sometimes. Right now I don't know the exact reason - I think it has to do with with the wrong reflection plane being used for reflections or for setting the reflection plane to a wrong height for some reason.

reporting_a_bug

Post by reporting_a_bug »

"ice everywhere" bug is now fixed :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Good to know! Thanks for reporting back. :)