Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote:A little off-topic, but after watching the tutorial video, I can say you've got a fantastic voice Interkarma. The whole thing's really well made.
Thanks Jay! It felt strange doing that for the first time. Hopefully I'll be a little more comfortable in any future videos like that. :)

kingOfWyrms

Post by kingOfWyrms »

I noticed DFU is handling the messages at the top of the screen differently than Daggerfall. In Daggerfall it seems each message has a timer that removes the message when it runs out, but DFU uses a sort of queue. There were several problems with Daggerfall's messages, such as not getting enough time to read the two that appear when you enter a dungeon's general area, and how the list didn't always read chronologically. But DFU's implementation has the problem of being able to queue up more than the list can handle and having to wait for the timer to run out on for each message before clearing up space for a newer one.

Not being able to see new messages until several seconds after they are relevant could become a problem. The only thing I can suggest is maybe when the list is full automatically clearing the oldest message to make room for the newer, more relevant one.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. It isn't really a bug report, just feedback, so I figured it shouldn't go into the bugs forum.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, I tried to somewhat address the issue you describe with Daggerfall's notification text. I think it's a step in the right direction, but could use some refinement.

You notice the issue most when using a big command like 'killall' in dungeons. In normal play though, it shouldn't be a problem for the most part. You would rarely get more than a couple of messages at a time.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Live builds have been updated with a release candidate for 0.3 Stable.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... ve-builds/

I've moved the keybinds UI back to 0.4 for now, as I'm very keen to dive into the quest system. I'll wrap up the keybinds UI early in 0.4 cycle.

Also the Daggerfall Tools tutorial pages are back. I'm working through updating the tutorial and code so this works again as per 0.2. Depending on Tools updates, I'll probably go through a few 0.3 RC iterations before I'm happy to update main Daggerfall Unity page to 0.3. I need to make sure I don't break anything along the way.

Thanks for testing. :)

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma wrote:Live builds have been updated with a release candidate for 0.3 Stable.

I've moved the keybinds UI back to 0.4 for now, as I'm very keen to dive into the quest system. I'll wrap up the keybinds UI early in 0.4 cycle.

Thanks for testing. :)
Fantastic!! Can't wait....downloading now

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

hmm terrain transition ring is still not present :( would like to understand what causes this
furthermore when pressing escape the menu screen only flashes up for a moment and closes immediately for me. I thus cannot load/save or exit the game via the menu.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:hmm terrain transition ring is still not present :( would like to understand what causes this
Nystul wrote: furthermore when pressing escape the menu screen only flashes up for a moment and closes immediately for me. I thus cannot load/save or exit the game via the menu.
Edit2: Think I have both of these licked. New builds will be up soon.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma wrote:Think I have both of these licked. New builds will be up soon.

If soon is tonight I will make sure I get it downloaded when it goes up. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Should be within the next hour tops. :)

Edit: Builds up now. Just made the hour haha :)

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma wrote:Should be within the next hour tops. :)

Edit: Builds up now. Just made the hour haha :)
I'm on it chief!