Void Rangers

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Xaphir

Void Rangers

Post by Xaphir »

Back in the day we used to employ methods to get into the "void". It was another way to explore dungeons. You could walk on the ceilings, view the entire length and breadth of the dungeon, where the monsters were, objects, treasure, etc. Imagine my extreme suprise when, in Yeomton Tower on Betony Island, I ran into a door connecting what appeared to be two hallway spaces, and when I stepped into the doorway, found myself outside the dungeon in the void, falling. Setting the grav_set console command got me going back up, but I could never fine tune that enough to make it work. Need directional flight control.

Anyway, back in the day, if you fell like that in vanilla Dag, you eventually hit the "void floor". If you did that, you were dead; period. In the new Unityverse, there seems to BE no floor; you keep going. The big suprise was that you could even do that in Unityverse; I find myself continually amazed at how many daggerisms translate over to Unityverse freely. As I told Interkarma, it truly adds to the authenticity of the experience.

The location I found that is one of the void portals is in Yeomton Tower, Betony Island, the coordinates were 0.0, 32.0, 15.7. I looked for a way to teleport to those coordinates manually in console, but currently I don't think there is a way to do that. "groundme" got me back to those coordinates as long as they were the last ones in memory, but of course that was temporary.

Is there a way to manually jump to a set of coordinates?

Jay_H

Re: Void Rangers

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, there's the tele2pixel command in the console. You put x and y immediately after.

Void control sounds a little more difficult in DFU since we don't have a levitation effect, but you can overcome that with smart use of gravity changes. When you're walking out, set gravity to zero with the set_grav command. If you want to go up, set gravity to 1, walk over a solid surface, jump, and set gravity to zero. Alter it based on the momentum you want, either up or down. To go down, set gravity to 10.