General Questions

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Nicolazz92

General Questions

Post by Nicolazz92 »

Intekarma hi again, I just started meeting Daggerfall, so i'd like to ask You, when do you reckon to release 1.0 version? And why you don't cooperate Bethesda? May be it's not my business but it's really interesting fo me. Thanks))

Interkarma

Re: General Questions

Post by Interkarma »

Nicolazz92 wrote:Intekarma hi again, I just started meeting Daggerfall, so i'd like to ask You, when do you reckon to release 1.0 version?
Hi Nicolazz92. It will probably be a few years before I'm comfortable to tag 1.0. Remember, this is a hobby project I operate in my free time. That said, I'm working on quests currently and spells/effects are next in line. This means the basic gameplay experience will be up and running well before 1.0. It will be (very) rough and unfinished, but all the core ingredients will be there. I'm hoping that contributors will help build on those major systems to flesh out the rest of the game faster than I could by myself.

I'm also fairly keen to move on to my own games, and I might take a break in 2017 to work on something different for a while. I've had my head down in this project since mid 2015 (late 2014 if you count DFTFU wind-up), and I'm just starting to feel the first hints of burn-out now. I know from experience the best way to combat this is to change gears for a while and come back refreshed. I'll be up-front about this if and when it happens.
Nicolazz92 wrote:And why you don't cooperate Bethesda? May be it's not my business but it's really interesting fo me. Thanks))
I'm not sure I understand this question. Could you elaborate? Thanks.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Sad that you want leaving project in 2017 :(
For this and past year you had very great progres on this and create a new life for old game. About what hapoening is leader leaving you can see XL project...
But hope you can make your own great games, good luck! :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Biboran wrote:Sad that you want leaving project in 2017 :(
For this and past year you had very great progres on this and create a new life for old game. About what hapoening is leader leaving you can see XL project...
But hope you can make your own great games, good luck! :D
Not leaving, just might need to take a short break - emphasis on might. :)

I've learned from past experiences that switching gears is a useful tactic for avoiding burnout. It's not something I've experienced this whole time, because I love the project so much. But still only human and need to care for myself. Don't worry, I'll be very up front about things if that happens. I won't just disappear.

Nicolazz92

Post by Nicolazz92 »

I mean this is so big and difficult project, you could ask Besthesda to help you:)) Of cource, it means the project will be commercialize but it migth be bigger and qualitatively.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nicolazz92 wrote:I mean this is so big and difficult project, you could ask Besthesda to help you:)) Of cource, it means the project will be commercialize but it migth be bigger and qualitatively.
If that's something Bethesda were interested in, I'd be happy to talk to them about it. However, I imagine they would prefer to work with their own developers if that's a direction they chose to go in. I doubt they're at all interested in me or my little side hobby.

But if anyone from Bethesda is reading this, why not get in touch sometime. I'd love to hear your feedback and answer any questions or concerns.