Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
LypyL

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by LypyL »

Good idea :)

the only noticeable change is when you enter you get the shop quality message and the bookshelves work.

edit: It's definitely more useful to change it to a store type - then you can buy stuff from inside your own home

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

LypyL wrote:Good idea :)

the only noticeable change is when you enter you get the shop quality message and the bookshelves work.

edit: It's definitely more useful to change it to a store type - then you can buy stuff from inside your own home
...Or rob your own home? :lol:

Does a shopkeeper appear if you change it to a store?

Rob your own home...Sell it to the resident shopkeeper...

Also, do the guards come to arrest you if you rob your own home?
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

As soon as you buy the house it clears out any NPCs and they don't come back so it doesn't work like that.

If rather than buying it as a house you convert it to a store the guild NPCs who normally offer services act like merchants, and the bookcases in the guild will be stocked with the stuff normally associated with that store type.

Same if you convert it to a tavern - they rent you rooms and so on (but you can't sleep there though as it will always say you haven't rented a room).

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

LypyL wrote:As soon as you buy the house it clears out any NPCs and they don't come back so it doesn't work like that.

If rather than buying it as a house you convert it to a store the guild NPCs who normally offer services act like merchants, and the bookcases in the guild will be stocked with the stuff normally associated with that store type.

Same if you convert it to a tavern - they rent you rooms and so on (but you can't sleep there though as it will always say you haven't rented a room).
Thanks. Still a cool discovery. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

My character exited PH with just a bit of loot...

4K image for those nice, high-res DF pixels. ;)
JustABitOfLoot.jpg
JustABitOfLoot.jpg (612.45 KiB) Viewed 5301 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This "troublesome necromancer" could be a new rival for the King of Worms!
Conga line of doom!
Last edited by Jay_H on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Love it :lol:

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...Endless zombies and skeletons versus endless guards...

...Sound system might have problems with all the "HALT!" "Braaa..." and "SHRIEEE!"

Arctus

Post by Arctus »

Ha I love the quest name. "From dusk till dead" sounds like a DOOM / Daggerfall crossover level.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It all happened too quickly.

No sooner had the warning bell pealed than they were already flooding the streets.

The lucky ones fled out into the wilderness. The rest met merciless brutality.

Their leader climbed onto a rooftop and cried in a guttural roar, "Today, Aldingdale! Tomorrow...

"Daggerfall!!"