Contributor Demo1 - RC2

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Nystul

Re: Contributor Demo1 - RC2

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote: I've noticed it seems to lose vertical alignment occasionally, then snaps back into place when floating origin ticks. Like you said, happens mostly in the jet at altitude. I've not seen many problems at ground level though, the near/far terrains seem to overlap very nicely at the borders. Very impressive work from you guys. Let me know if you'd like me to hold up the demo for you guys to look at this issue. Overall, I think it's still a pretty awesome showcase of everyone's hard work. :)
No I would not hold back the demo longer than necessary.
One further bug though, I experience is that I often get "teleported" to jet fighter heights after using the fast travel map...
Interkarma wrote: The improved world loading is due to new method of reading ARENA2 directly from the data folder. This seems to be quite a bit faster than using Resources and .bytes method. I'm going to use this method moving forward for builds, and only use .bytes for overrides and special purpose stuff.
nice ;)

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

@Interkarma @LypyL Thank you for the nice welcome. :D

@Interkarma
Thanks for the explanation i had a idea that it would do something like that. But there is a problem, i don't know if it has something to do with that i use a german keyboard but to get = i need to press shift+0 is that different on yours? If yes would it be possible to change = to something like + which i could press without using shift? Or is it me just who is doing something completly wrong?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Daschluba wrote: @Interkarma
Thanks for the explanation i had a idea that it would do something like that. But there is a problem, i don't know if it has something to do with that i use a german keyboard but to get = i need to press shift+0 is that different on yours? If yes would it be possible to change = to something like + which i could press without using shift? Or is it me just who is doing something completly wrong?
Ah! Thanks for letting me know. :) How about I change keys to PageUp/PageDown? That way we can avoid shift altogether (as + is shift-= on a US keyboard).

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

"(as + is shift-= on a US keyboard)" :lol: PageUp/PageDown would work.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Nystul wrote:One further bug though, I experience is that I often get "teleported" to jet fighter heights after using the fast travel map...
I'm not entirely sure what's causing it. I can easily reproduce this in the demo, but not in my own build, so it's hard to determine the cause. Could you (or anyone else who might care to) test and me if it's happening outside the demo for you?
I've noticed it seems to lose vertical alignment occasionally, then snaps back into place when floating origin ticks. Like you said, happens mostly in the jet at altitude. I've not seen many problems at ground level though, the near/far terrains seem to overlap very nicely at the borders.
I think flying around in the jet just makes it easier to notice any problems as you have a birds eye view of the terrain.

edit: I think i've found out what the problem is w/ the fast travel map, testing it now.

edit2: It seems to be caused by the playerMotor script of all things. Oh, and Don't wait to release the demo for me if you're ready to, I don't want to hold it up.

edit3: Update for travelmap - it seems to be fixed.

Same setup as before, just uncomment the #define DaggerJet at the top of WorldTravel

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Timescale works now but i just found out that NextSong/PreviousSong need shift+8/9 on a german keyboard. Could that be changed too in the next version? F1 and F2 or F3 and F4 could do. I tested every key and other than NextSong/PreviousSong everything works.

EDIT: I opened a topic where you can see all keys used by DTFU and all keys that can't be used in other countrys.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Daschluba! I'll change those song keys in the next release. You've been a huge help with this.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Spent about an hour running around in the new demo, works great! Love the new travel menu! Just to be able too see the map and get a sense where you are in the world makes a huge difference when exploring.

I noticed a small texture bug on a house way up in the mountains. The coordinates are 828, 432 and the place is called The Bormir Farmstead. Is this a vanilla bug, the uv-map, or what's going on?

I felt there was a bit to many quick keys to keep track of so I quickly threw together a menu for the demo. Not sure if this is something worth adding at the moment. Need some help if I'm going to finish it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The window texture is one of the last UV translation problems I still need to fix. Daggerfall uses a horrifically obscure method of storing UV coordinates and the conversion algorithm is quite involved. Currently at about 99.8% accuracy, but those windows really stand out as bugged. It also doesn't help that Daggerfall has several places where the UV coords are flat out wrong, but not as noticeable in vanilla due to limited resolution. Anyway, I'll sort out this problem eventually when I sit down to review material systems again. Thanks for reminding me. :)

That quick menu is great! I'd be happy to roll that in if you finish it up. Just let us know what help is needed and either myself or someone else is bound to assist.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Here is the script for the menu. It does the following
*Scales with the screen resolution
*Works with both 4:3 and 16:9 ratio
*Disables the camera mouse input while the the menu is open
*Toggle mouse invert (works)
*Toggle Running speed (works, but need the correct values)
*Time Scale (works, but need the correct values)
*Toggle Enhanced sky (doesn't work, I don't know how to toggle this)
*Toggle Brighter Torch (works)
*Toggle songs (doesn't work, I don't know how to toggle this )
*Toggle debug text (doesn't work, I don't know how to toggle this)
*Quit game (works and has a nice little confirmation box)

It's a rather quickly put together menu but it works. What I need is someone how knows the correct values for the options (time scale and running speed) and how to toggle certain option (I don't know how I can toggle the enhanced sky for example). So if someone could help me with that then it should be ready to go.
Attachments
Demo_meny.rar
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 228 times