Does The "Governing Attribute" Actually Do Anything?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Magicono43

Re: Does The "Governing Attribute" Actually Do Anything?

Post by Magicono43 »

Not that this is related to this "mystery", but I will mention that the mod i'm currently working on now has this "Governing Attribute" effect how long it takes to level respective skills in those categories.

sollrakc

Post by sollrakc »

Yeah, that's most likely but it's weird because statements regarding attributes influencing skill advancement are not only on the manual, they're in-game as well. When you click on an attribute in your character sheet it hints at the same thing.
But I guess people would've found out after all of these years though, so you're probably right.

sollrakc

Post by sollrakc »

Magicono43 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:38 pm Not that this is related to this "mystery", but I will mention that the mod i'm currently working on now has this "Governing Attribute" effect how long it takes to level respective skills in those categories.
That's cool. I will be checking out when you release it!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

sollrakc wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:46 pm Yeah, that's most likely but it's weird because statements regarding attributes influencing skill advancement are not only on the manual, they're in-game as well. When you click on an attribute in your character sheet it hints at the same thing.
But I guess people would've found out after all of these years though, so you're probably right.
No idea if it actually effected anything in classic, since those numbers are a lot more difficult to debug for and see exact values. So it could be an inconsistency between Unity and Classic, but no idea myself, have done no testing for this in DOS Daggerfall.