Daggerfall Unity on Andriod

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
relindwto6

Daggerfall Unity on Andriod

Post by relindwto6 »

Is it possible to get daggerfall unity on android like we got open Morrowind on android? For open Morrowind all we have to do is download an app called open microwave then we copy our morrowind folder from our PC onto our phone. Then we go into open microwave and select where our Morrowind game folder is located in our phone. I'd love for daggerfall unity to work like this.

Laicus

Re: Daggerfall Unity on Andriod

Post by Laicus »

Now two people are porting DFU to Android (independently of each other), one of them is an experienced programmer who ported OpenMW to Android.

And why create a theme if it already exists?
viewtopic.php?t=410

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:12 am As a few commented in one of the discussions, there might actually be legal issues with porting it to mobile.
So I don't want any specifics, but I assure you that there is progress and very significant, no deadlines are called, and there are no guarantees whether the port developers will want to finish the job, but one of them assured me that he is serious, and the only problem is that he does not have enough experience, but he is sure that sooner or later he will succeed. So far, all I have seen is the DFU loading screen in the Android emulator, I would like more, but the author said that he will report as soon as he makes significant progress. Another developer has much more progress, as he said, unity is ported very conveniently (which he has already done), there are some problems, something with access to resources, but I am not a programmer and do not understand anything about it, there was no more information from him, but it was only about a week, I will not ask him about anything, a person likes to work alone, so that he is not pushed and pulled. When new information appears, I will report it in the topic, but not in this one.

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:49 pm ...
The two main developers for the Android port of OpenMW are Sandstranger and xyzz.
I will not call his name and do not recommend disturbing the person, I already wrote to him yesterday and received the answer that I wrote about in a closed topic. Another person can be found and asked in the OpenMW discord, in #off_topic, his nickname Selengor.