DFTFU Keyboard

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Daschluba

DFTFU Keyboard

Post by Daschluba »

DFTFU Keyboard
Update: Will just show controls and free/used keys for now.
Note: Will be updated in case new versions(demos) of DFTFU come out.
Last edited by Daschluba on Wed May 27, 2015 11:46 am, edited 9 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: DTFU Keyboard

Post by Interkarma »

OMG this is amazing! I don't even know what to say. Thank you for putting this together! Very useful to see it laid out this way. :D

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Awesome work, that's very informative.

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Daschluba

Re: DFTFU Keyboard

Post by Daschluba »

Updated.
Note: This only shows QWERTY(american) layout compared to QWERTZ(german/centraleuropean) layout for now, no AZERTY(french) layout cause thats very different and will take a little bit longer to add(one or two days). Also i would like to now if you have ideas about what could be made better in this map.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I love the updates. I'm going to put into the updated demo release for sure. :D

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

@Interkarma If your going to release a new demo could you say me what changes to the controls you made? So i can update the map. Would be weird to have a outdated map with a new demo.
Last edited by Daschluba on Wed May 20, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Ok i don't think im going to update it any further at least not in the way it works now. Basically i made it to avoid problems that came up when using keys that would not work on other country keyboards but when i tried to add what would conflict on french/belgian keyboards it just becomes to much mess for one map, so i think it would be easier to just add a feature which would change controls depending on what keyboard you use that way key problems could be avoided completely.
Maybe i update the map with just showing the controls and what keys are free/used.

@Interkarma Would it be possibly to add a feature like the one i described above?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I think for now the easy thing to do would be to avoid keys that conflict on different keyboards. Uncanny_Valley also put together a nice Demo GUI that should also help avoid these problems.

For now the keys will stay the same, except the next song/previous song you flagged with me. I was thinking of using , and . for that (which look to be on the < and > keys for everyone without needing shift. What do you think?

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Wouldn't work, if your going to use < for a key then everyone else would need to use that key which in the case of > is ‹ and shift. How about using arrowkeyleft and arrowkeyright that would work 100%.