Questions about guilds and reputations

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
MarcelSolo

Questions about guilds and reputations

Post by MarcelSolo »

Hi folks!
Anyone knows if there's mods or working in progress mods about the guilds?
I mean, I know the game is old and all of this. But, at first, loosing reputation because I didn't show up for some time started to annoy me. Not just because of the reputation loss. But because in order to regain this, the only way out is re-do those same half dozen quests I already did before. I will not start to compare with my love for Morrowind guilds because this depends from each player. But. When you kill a Lich( sorry, don't remember if the name is correct), the quest giver kinda cheers you. As if not many people could do that. It's like you own that. I like the guilds and temples. Loved the archaeologist guild too. But I feel trapped on them. For practical reasons: repair prices, trainers, and buying potions(the major reason).
You may say: "dude, screw this. Do your own thing and bare the consequences." But these guilds have a history. A purpose.
Of course. The game still in alpha. There's a long road ahead. Also. I don't have a slightest clue about how this things are made in programming and stuff like this.
Maybe all of this already was discussed. I'm trying follow the news. So, my bad if I'm just didn't see the discussion.
Just was thinking about this while playing a few moments ago.
I don't like complaing about things just because they are not what I want. This is a wonderdul work that I spent years trying to learn how to play. If I can do anything to help: I used to be an artist before this pandemic. Not a game artists. But I used to draw for living. Don't know if my skills match to the standards. But I'm able to try to cooperate in this endeavour. If there is need for something in my area. Would be a pleasure to lend a hand. Just point me to the right place.

Jay_H

Re: Questions about guilds and reputations

Post by Jay_H »

The short answer, before going into detail, is that no one has modded out reputation loss yet.
MarcelSolo wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:33 amBut, at first, loosing reputation because I didn't show up for some time started to annoy me. Not just because of the reputation loss. But because in order to regain this,
I think the psychological effect is much greater than the tangible one here. Yes you approach zero reputation by one point every month, but for almost all characters, the effect is minimal. One quest equals five months (150 days) of reputation. Even in a large province like Daggerfall, you can fast-travel the whole thing in about 6 in-game days. You'd have to spend a lot of time doing things to lose one quest's worth of reputation. Those dungeons that people feel are eternal can take 3-8 in-game days to finish -- which is very far from the 150 point equilibrium.
the only way out is re-do those same half dozen quests I already did before.
If you're looking for mods, the DFU Quest Pack 1 adds many more quests, including for the lowest ranks. Just to the Fighters Guild it adds 27 unique quests, most of which are for ranks 0 to 4.

MarcelSolo

Re: Questions about guilds and reputations

Post by MarcelSolo »

All this time I was sure that I had the quest pack running. But I think I installed the quest pack in the wrong place. Will try again.
Thanks