Release Question

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ah_Ftagn

Release Question

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

So, can anyone on the dev team who isn't taking a well earned break perhaps help me out with something?

I'd like to know where the current status of the upcoming, post-0.10.24 release of Daggerfall unity is. I've been avoiding using the alpha despite a lot of mods I use now requiring it to use the latest versions, so this might help me determine:

+Should I upgrade
+Is work on it currently occurring?
+If work on it IS currently happening, how many things might need to be worked on before a stable release
+If work on it IS NOT currently happening, but will resume in time, where is the current preview build at in comparison to the intended stable release.
+Is enough of Daggerfall Unity "open source" or based on sharable, documented APIs that a third party can easily contribute to development, if so does it have a repository like github that people can work on it?

IF someone wants to answer this from a position of knowledge, thank you. If doing so would cut into time you'd rather spend elsewhere, don't worry about it, I'm just as anxious for this update as I am to get my hands on Cyberpunk 2077, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna pester CD Projekt Red to give me any more status updates than they give everyone else, or try to steal what little free time they have.

Interkarma

Re: Release Question

Post by Interkarma »

The latest build of Daggerfall Unity is 0.10.25 from 18 July. This version is primarily for modders to upgrade their mods to be compatible with Unity 2019.4 LTS. If you don't use any mods, or your preferred mods are already made compatible, then you should have no issues with using this version. It's identical to 0.10.24 other than the engine upgrade. There are no gameplay changes.

The upcoming release is 0.10.26. This version is a preview for the Localization features (adding proper translation support to game). This will be considered a preview release as well, and does contain new features and fixes.

Development on Daggerfall Unity happens almost daily. If you'd like to keep track of code changes as they take place, keep an eye on the commits page of our GitHub repo. Next stable version is likely to be 0.10.28 once the recent changes have all settled in.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... its/master

I'll split this to its own topic, as not generally related to where you posted.

JarekStorm

Re: Release Question

Post by JarekStorm »

Not the OP but thanks for the information InterKarma. I’m still on 10.24 and also feeling the excitement of upcoming releases and new/updated mods! Nice to know where everything stands and is headed.

DFU is my favorite game now :D