December 2016 Test Builds Updated

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

December 2016 Test Builds Updated

Post by Interkarma »

Hello everyone! I've just dropped a long overdue update to test builds. This release mainly showcases the incredible work by community contributors over the last few months. You can read the full write-up with more information in the following blog post:

http://www.dfworkshop.net/december-2016-test-build/

As always, latest builds are on the Live Builds page.

Please use this thread for discussions on these test builds, and don't hesitate to add any bugs you find to the Bug Reports forums. This is a large update containing work from several people, so it's expected to have a few kinks to iron out. :)

Thank you everyone who tests these builds and returns with your feedback and bug reports. This project is better off thank to every single one of you!

R.D.

Re: December 2016 Test Builds Updated

Post by R.D. »

Good to see! Thanks for putting it together and writing up the blog post.
Last edited by R.D. on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Berandas

Post by Lord Berandas »

What a nice Christmas present!
Keep up the great work! :-)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I don't have time yet to test it out, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone for putting this together, Interkarma first of all. This is fantastic! :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I decided to take a look at the quest files for fun, and I have to say their formatting is fantastic. Now anyone can write quests for Daggerfall! It's gonna be great! :)

Arl

Post by Arl »

This have been a very exciting year for Daggerfall Unity, so many talented people came to put some of his dedication to bring awesome things and to help to get this remake of Daggerfall forward, and also opening the gates for modders to start messing around.

Thanks Interkarma and all the developers and contributors! For more awesome stuff in this upcoming 2017!
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

tamrielimp

Post by tamrielimp »

Hello to all, happy new year and a lot of thanks for the work done here (and in daggerxl forums too obviously) !

I tested DFU in Debian Jessie and the latest build (.52, 2016-12-31) lags more than previous ones.
Even in the previous one I tested the mouse will not respond instantly in combat, even stay stucked.
I also read that you included the new HiRes GUI stuff, how do we activate it ? I tried in settings.ini, to no avail, ..

Anyway, thanks for your investment in this !

cheers :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

tamrielimp wrote:Hello to all, happy new year and a lot of thanks for the work done here (and in daggerxl forums too obviously) !
Hey tamrielimp, happy new year and welcome to the forums! :)
tamrielimp wrote: I tested DFU in Debian Jessie and the latest build (.52, 2016-12-31) lags more than previous ones.
Even in the previous one I tested the mouse will not respond instantly in combat, even stay stucked.
Try working with the steps below by Xaphir. You should be able to use WeaponSwingThreshold and WeaponSwingTriggerCount to smooth out your attacks after some experimentation. I've also noted that Unity mouse input can be a bit troublesome in some Linux distros. Seems to be a very common problem.

Link to post by Xaphir
tamrielimp wrote: I also read that you included the new HiRes GUI stuff, how do we activate it ? I tried in settings.ini, to no avail, ..
Not quite, I said that texture and mesh replacement are now part of the core. This sets the stage (makes possible) a higher resolution UI, but such a texture pack would still need to be created by community. I know a few of the guys in Creator's Corner have been working on this concept. It's probably just a matter of time before it moves ahead one way or another.
tamrielimp wrote: Anyway, thanks for your investment in this !

cheers :D
No problems, all the best! :)