Locked out of Barenziah's Book work around?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Triforce919

Locked out of Barenziah's Book work around?

Post by Triforce919 »

Hey guys, been playing Daggerfall Unity, and I love it, I am very close to finishing and it has been an absolute blast to play. I have so far managed to prevent myself from getting locked out of content, or dealing with consequences that wont set me back further than an hour or two. Unfortunately I think I locked myself out of the Barenziah's Book optional quest. Without knowing the consequences, I did Elysana's Robe before I got the letter from Barenziah, but thankfully I finished the Helseth quest. After reading online it appears that there is a small window of opportunity that you have to receive a the letter after the Robe quest is finished, which has long since passed.

Are there any other ways to activate this quest? I am willing to use a console command or work around solution, I would really like to finish this quest with my character. Thanks!

Jay_H

Re: Locked out of Barenziah's Book work around?

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

There are certain requirements for this quest to begin. Even starting it with the console, if you don't meet the requirements, nothing will happen:
Required Reputation: At least 15 reputation with Barenziah
Required Level: 9
If you have those, you can use startquest S0000011 in the console window to start it. After a few weeks a letter should arrive to start it.

Triforce919

Re: Locked out of Barenziah's Book work around?

Post by Triforce919 »

Works perfectly!!! Thank you!!