QOL Suggestion, Binding 2 actions to the same button

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Naxshe

QOL Suggestion, Binding 2 actions to the same button

Post by Naxshe »

i only really crouch when im sneaking so i think it would be beneficial to have them on the same button. however daggerfall unity dosnt allow this

Hazelnut

Re: QOL Suggestion, Binding 2 actions to the same button

Post by Hazelnut »

When you're crouching, you're sneaking. The sneak button is so you can sneak without having to crouch and move a little swifter but still slow-ish. Well, that's how I think it works anyway, hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong... I don't play much, I just code stuff. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hazelnut is right - you're technically always sneaking. You don't have to use crouch or sneak keys to be sneaky.

Other than skill level and line of sight, the speed you're moving influences how successful sneak is. Crouch slows you down some, Sneak slows you down more. Crouch+Sneak slows you down the most.

At max skills level, you can just walk around normally and still be a sneaky ninja.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Naxshe wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:27 pm i only really crouch when im sneaking so i think it would be beneficial to have them on the same button. however daggerfall unity dosnt allow this
viewtopic.php?p=48599#p48599