Magicka resplenishment

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
N_Molson

Magicka resplenishment

Post by N_Molson »

Hello,

I always wondered if Magicka resplenishment was related to any of the attributes (maybe INT or WIL) ? Like END seem to affect greatly Health/Stamina resplenishment ?

Magicono43

Re: Magicka resplenishment

Post by Magicono43 »

N_Molson wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:14 pm Hello,

I always wondered if Magicka resplenishment was related to any of the attributes (maybe INT or WIL) ? Like END seem to affect greatly Health/Stamina resplenishment ?
Nope, by default it just increases every hour while resting by some precentage of your maximum magic pool, so from 0-100% it will take 8 hours, 50-100% 4 hours, etc. There are mods that change this though.

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Thanks, that's what I was suspecting. So spellcasters that rely entirely on magic, like mages, have to "sleep" (well, "meditate") a lot in dungeons. Which can be a problem for some quests where time is limited (you can easily spend a couple of weeks in a place if you have to sleep 8 hours after each fight).

Might be an idea for a mod, with Willpower helping to recover Magicka a bit faster. I'll try to do that some day.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

There is already a mod that accomplishes that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/101

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Thanks ! 8-)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

You can replenish magicka with potions, and spells cost less as you improve skills.. so regenerating is not essential, but that mod gives you that option.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

Not to mention magic items, that do not use your own magicka to operate, and are common enough that you usually end up with a collection of trinkets...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart