Multichoice quest dialogues?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
NikitaTheTanner

Re: Multichoice quest dialogues?

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Yeah, the first two options look really good! Not sure if there's any difference between the two, but I wouldn't mind in game options looking like this, I am all for it. Though the text could use an outline to be more readable.

As for the bullet points example, maybe if the text was the same color as the question, it would look better, and maybe the bullet points themselves can be a bit smaller (just small yellow circles). As it is, it kinda sticks out even more, but maybe it would look better as proposed by Lokhrin Zhataros (with yellow dots added, as example):
Spoiler!
yellow-dots.png
yellow-dots.png (428.76 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Personally, I wouldn't mind it either way, as long as the functionality is in place.

NikitaTheTanner

Re: Multichoice quest dialogues?

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

One thing that is actually important to consider - how obvious the selected option is to the player. Current Yes/No buttons are not highlighted or changed in any way if you mouseover them, but there are just two buttons and they are wide apart, so it's hard to misclick. If the options are presented as a list, one after another - it might be easier to misclick them, so some highlight or other current selection indication on mouseover is important .

Finally, while not essential, some keyboard option selection might be nice - you can press Y or N on the keyboard instead of using the mouse to click Yes/No. Maybe adding letters to options (like in class selection questions) would be a nice addition for the keyboard controls.

Both options can be realized with either the text list or the stone buttons list.
Spoiler!
Highlight + numbers.png
Highlight + numbers.png (521.33 KiB) Viewed 772 times
yellow-letters.png
yellow-letters.png (430.31 KiB) Viewed 772 times