Dungeon puzzle that I never manage to solve

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

Dungeon puzzle that I never manage to solve

Post by Ralzar »

So there's little left for me to beat in Daggerfall except challanges I create myself through character builds and mods. However, there is one dungeon puzzle that I have never been able to solve. Not any of the main quest dungeons, but a completely standard dungeon puzzle.

The pyramid room, but not just any version. I usually solve this room with no problem. This is the specific version where there is no wheel in the corridors above and the doors are all magically locked.

I just ran into this again and I figured I'd check if any of you other veterans might have a solution to this?

It's the room you start in if you go to Menevia and enter Ruins of Wickcroft Palace.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

pango

Re: Dungeon puzzle that I never manage to solve

Post by pango »

I may have seen it in a stream.... The chain gives both levitation, and unlocks the magically locked doors
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

pango wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:58 am I may have seen it in a stream.... The chain gives both levitation, and unlocks the magically locked doors
Oh my! That was it! :D

Since the chain still gave levitation I did not know it could have a second trigger effect at the same time. But I see now it opened one of the doors in the pyramid. I was saving that chain levitation in case I needed it later.

My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Baler

Post by Baler »

for future reference,.. how many things can be tied to an activation by default and custom?
DFU Discord Link: http://discord.gg/HXMrKU6