Save Versus Spell message happening infinitely

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seterwind

Save Versus Spell message happening infinitely

Post by Seterwind »

Hi there,

When I cast any spell with multiple damage stacking affects on a caster type enemy, and it kills the enemy, my message log infinitely spams "Save vs Spell made".

DFU 0.11.1

Mods that may affect this -

Physical Combat Overhaul
RolePlay Realism
Wilderness NPCs

Interkarma

Re: Save Versus Spell message happening infinitely

Post by Interkarma »

Please check if the behaviour continues with all mods disabled. That's the quickest way to filter out a core issue from something a mod does.

I did try to produce this on my end and haven't been able to as yet. Maybe there's something specific with spell or the enemy types you're up against. A save would be handy to reproduce with the exact spell config you're noticing this with.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

The only time I've seen something close to this is if you fight a vampire and it hits you with it's ranged spell. You keep getting "spell resisted" for a really long time afterwards.

Moogleface

Post by Moogleface »

I'm having the same issue.
I have both Roleplay realism and wilderness npcs installed

Okay I just went back in to see what NPCs it was giving the issue. Not all seem to give it, like Orcs and Centaurs.
But some like Healers, Mages, Knights in the Wilderness NPCs mod DO cause the "save versus spell made" when hit with my arcane arrow spell

Gomi

Post by Gomi »

I have just encountered this as well. Thank you for the info on just restarting the game. I even saved before restarting and was able to pick up the loot when I came back, no issues.

I was also using the arcane arrow on a humanoid (not sure which, newer to daggerfall)

From your list, I only have Roleplay Realism.

I just downloaded the newest build and installed all mods I'm using within the last day.
Last edited by Gomi on Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

risk

Post by risk »

i find this happens with every outdoor encounter vs multiple enemies (sieges, banditry event, knightly order quest defending the city, etc).

to prevent this happening i just use bow and arrow and go around in circles in these scenarios lol