Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Post Reply
ForeverTheSceptic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by ForeverTheSceptic »

Has it been intentionally designed harder for the player to find Daedric and Ebony items in Daggerfall unity?

I'm level 11 and the best I've come by so far are a few bits of mithril/admantinum armour and mainly weapons.

I even decided to test this and for a good hour of grinding in a graveyard, i.e. resting and being awoken the best item I came across was one mithril sabre.

At what level am I to expect some half decent drops?

Thanks

User avatar
Ralzar
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by Ralzar »

Around level 10. It's all up to the RNG really. You've probably just been unlucky. Or you're using mods.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

ForeverTheSceptic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by ForeverTheSceptic »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 am Around level 10. It's all up to the RNG really. You've probably just been unlucky. Or you're using mods.
RNG? Does luck play a part in what loot you find? My luck is currently 59

User avatar
Ralzar
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by Ralzar »

I can't remember at the moment, but I don't think so. It's something I made sure to include in my Unleveled Loot mod specifically because it didn't matter until then.

You might also try checking stores instead of grinding graveyards. The Odd Blades in Daggerfall City for example should have a higher chance of stocking some good items. Just travel to Daggerfall City. Go to the store.Stop before you enter and save. Enter, and check the shelves. Load game and enter again.
As long as you have not entered the store, it will generate new items each time you load and enter it for the first time that day.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

ForeverTheSceptic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by ForeverTheSceptic »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:04 pm I can't remember at the moment, but I don't think so. It's something I made sure to include in my Unleveled Loot mod specifically because it didn't matter until then.

You might also try checking stores instead of grinding graveyards. The Odd Blades in Daggerfall City for example should have a higher chance of stocking some good items. Just travel to Daggerfall City. Go to the store.Stop before you enter and save. Enter, and check the shelves. Load game and enter again.
As long as you have not entered the store, it will generate new items each time you load and enter it for the first time that day.
I will give the odd blades a try.

Btw, these are the mods I'm using

Archaeologists
Convenient clock
Dream
Loading screen
Roleplay realism
enhanced sky
handpainted model
improved interior lighting
persistent dungeons
taverns redone
post processing

Hmmm....as I'm writing this out, the only one from that list that could be causing this is Roleplay realism. Do you know if that mod is designed to make it harder for the player to find high level loot?

Anyway, will have a look at their page to see what is changes

User avatar
Ralzar
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by Ralzar »

Depends. Are you only using Roleplay & Realism? Or are you also using Roleplay & Realism: Items? Because the items module changes the loot tables and makes sure humans are equipped with items that make sense for their class. So a knight will drop a lot more plate than a thief for example.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

ForeverTheSceptic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by ForeverTheSceptic »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 pm Depends. Are you only using Roleplay & Realism? Or are you also using Roleplay & Realism: Items? Because the items module changes the loot tables and makes sure humans are equipped with items that make sense for their class. So a knight will drop a lot more plate than a thief for example.
It's just the Roleplay & Realism mod. I've disabled it and decided to go on a dungeon delve and managed to get a pair of daedric greaves, ebony helm and ebony katana. So I'm sure this mod is having some sort of an effect on the loot I find, unless I've all of a sudden am becoming super lucky.

I think I will disable this mod as it's a little too brutal on rewarding the player with good items - not expecting great items every time, but never is a little too harsh, especially now that I'm coming across more difficult enemies and better items would be nice to have.

User avatar
Hazelnut
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by Hazelnut »

ForeverTheSceptic wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 pm Depends. Are you only using Roleplay & Realism? Or are you also using Roleplay & Realism: Items? Because the items module changes the loot tables and makes sure humans are equipped with items that make sense for their class. So a knight will drop a lot more plate than a thief for example.
It's just the Roleplay & Realism mod. I've disabled it and decided to go on a dungeon delve and managed to get a pair of daedric greaves, ebony helm and ebony katana. So I'm sure this mod is having some sort of an effect on the loot I find, unless I've all of a sudden am becoming super lucky.

I think I will disable this mod as it's a little too brutal on rewarding the player with good items - not expecting great items every time, but never is a little too harsh, especially now that I'm coming across more difficult enemies and better items would be nice to have.
The Roleplay & Realism mod makes no difference to the item generation at all. The Roleplay & Realism: Items companion mod does, but only in the fact that different equipment is assigned to humans, so plate is less likely on a mage but more likely on a knight for instance. It also makes no difference to the chance of getting a higher material spawned for those items.

Since you were only using the non-items version, it doesn't change anything about item generation and what you have seen can only be either another mod or the RNG. If you gained a level it will be more likely to generate the higher materials too.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ForeverTheSceptic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by ForeverTheSceptic »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:07 pm
ForeverTheSceptic wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 pm Depends. Are you only using Roleplay & Realism? Or are you also using Roleplay & Realism: Items? Because the items module changes the loot tables and makes sure humans are equipped with items that make sense for their class. So a knight will drop a lot more plate than a thief for example.
It's just the Roleplay & Realism mod. I've disabled it and decided to go on a dungeon delve and managed to get a pair of daedric greaves, ebony helm and ebony katana. So I'm sure this mod is having some sort of an effect on the loot I find, unless I've all of a sudden am becoming super lucky.

I think I will disable this mod as it's a little too brutal on rewarding the player with good items - not expecting great items every time, but never is a little too harsh, especially now that I'm coming across more difficult enemies and better items would be nice to have.
The Roleplay & Realism mod makes no difference to the item generation at all. The Roleplay & Realism: Items companion mod does, but only in the fact that different equipment is assigned to humans, so plate is less likely on a mage but more likely on a knight for instance. It also makes no difference to the chance of getting a higher material spawned for those items.

Since you were only using the non-items version, it doesn't change anything about item generation and what you have seen can only be either another mod or the RNG. If you gained a level it will be more likely to generate the higher materials too.
Fair enough, I take your point. I'll enable it again and see what happens. Thanks guys for your help

ForeverTheSceptic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm

Re: Daedric and Ebony items so hard to come by in DU

Post by ForeverTheSceptic »

Okay, so my bad.

I re-enabled the mod and played a good three to four hours tonight and have picked up a few more Ebony and Daedric items and I've also noticed a few times Orcish items dropping too and also appearing in shops, like Odd Blades. So my apologies I should have been more patient.

Again, thanks for your help

Post Reply