Immunity to Magic or Immunity To Paralyze or Immunity To Poison?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Immunity to Magic or Immunity To Paralyze or Immunity To Poison?

Post by Teralitha »

I remember that unity changed it so that immunity to magic didnt also make you imune to paralyze and disease. However, this raises a question.. Many premade spells in the game are *Magic* based, but have the paralyze effect. So which immunity blocks such spells? Or do they both block them? Or neither?

Also, spiders hit you with a paralyzing poison, so.. you know. Same question. Immunity to poison, or immunity to paralyze? Unless somebody knows, I guess ill try to test all these myself...

Interkarma

Re: Immunity to Magic or Immunity To Paralyze or Immunity To Poison?

Post by Interkarma »

Immunity to Magic will resist any Magic-based spell, which includes the circinate Paralysis spell. It's still one of the better class options to use. Immunity to Paralysis or Disease will resist those effects specifically.

Spiders and Scorpions don't use Poison. They're casting a Magic-based spell called Spider's Bite.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

So, immunity to paralysis or immunity to magic will both work to block spiders/scorpions then.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, full immunity in either will block spider/scorpion paralysis. I just setup a test character to be sure and stepped through code as the saving throw was calculated, and the magic immunity alone is enough to bounce the spell.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Just wanted to share this link in case someone finds this thread in the future
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall_Mod ... Immunities

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Baler wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:30 pm Just wanted to share this link in case someone finds this thread in the future
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall_Mod ... Immunities
Yes, but there are premade spells used by AI enemies that are magic based, but may also have the paralyze effect or other. I havent been able to tell, but presumably having an immunity to one of the spells effects, blocks the entire spell.