Plans post port

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
penguin321

Plans post port

Post by penguin321 »

Hello, I was wondering if there are any plans for expanding Daggerfall post the base game once it is finished, I would really like to see some of the originally planned features and cut content added into the game.

P.s. Thank you so much for recreating this game in a modern engine, Daggerfall is the game that got me into RPGs and its still one of my favourites

Biboran

Re: Plans post port

Post by Biboran »

Some of this can be maded by mods already and will be if someone do this mods.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hi penguin321, welcome to the forums and thank you for your kind words. :)

My mission is to recreate classic Daggerfall in the Unity Engine with light quality of life enhancements and a scaffold for future improvement. I don't personally have plans to expand much on the original game, but the open and modable nature of the project should allow this to emerges from within the community. Quite a bit can be done with the mod system now if someone is willing to put in the time and effort.

For myself, I make no secret that I want to move on and build my own game after this is done. I might shift gears towards this once Daggerfall Unity has quests and spells (around 85-90% complete overall). That won't be for a while to come though.

penguin321

Post by penguin321 »

Thank you for the reply and best of luck in your future projects
Once the quests are done I might look into modding and Unity in General, there are some features I always personally wanted to see in Daggerfall and thanks to this I finally might have the opportunity to experience them.