New Easter Eggs?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ziune Wolf

New Easter Eggs?

Post by Ziune Wolf »

Hey everyone, I was wondering your opinion on something.

How would people feel if we added our own easter eggs into Daggerfall Unity? The extent to which I was thinking, was adding a quest for high level mages guild quest or other such quest that was rather lengthy and led you to talk with NPCs who were named after people who developed part of the Daggerfall Unity core or who made mods. Or, making an item named after these contributors, with a description attached to it like artifacts had in the classic version. Naturally, if we went the quest route, we'd need to have a way to add custom-named for quests if that is not implemented already, and if we went the item route, we'd need to add a quest to get the item and be capable of adding a description to it.

What do you all think? I feel this is a fun way to reward the contributors. :)

Jay_H

Re: New Easter Eggs?

Post by Jay_H »

Take my opinion as one among many, as each will be different :)

Immersion for me is a big part of Daggerfall, and seeing too obtuse a reference to a sorceror called "Lacus" or a quest that makes a passing reference to a new formula called "V.M. Blast" would really kill it for me. It'd have to be really subtle and well-placed to overcome that for me.

If this idea takes off, then I preclude myself from any references. Those spaces should go to the people who've really contributed, not someone like me :D

Ziune Wolf

Re: New Easter Eggs?

Post by Ziune Wolf »

That's a very humble opinion. I appreciate that.

Now that you mention it, the immersion thing would be worsened if the quests and items deliberately used exact names. Perhaps a book, with all the major contributors names, be a better option, to be given as a sort of in-game credits, but not floundering it around, if people are interested in this. Maybe the book would be given at the end of the main quest.