Just a question I wanted to ask.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
JohnStar145

Just a question I wanted to ask.

Post by JohnStar145 »

I wanted to know, how many classic gaming community wanted a remake or rework for daggerfall?

and is there any other places I can visit on to see if they manage to make daggerfall run in a modern system as well as simplify the controls, along with the ability to talk to every villager npc, or enemies (if we set the perk high enough)?

cause, your project will take years to come before you finally make the game more enjoyable, right now just there isn't much to do in your daggerfall unity project which including like trading, random enemy events when resting (like the original) npc questing from inn keepers, to shop keepers or any other npc, rather than guild masters or members.

and if your gonna say, DaggerfallXL or most known as DaggerXL, well it's dead, the dev that is working on it just drop the project dead on alpha (which is very buggy and crash a lot)

Jay_H

Re: Just a question I wanted to ask.

Post by Jay_H »

If more developers were working on Daggerfall Unity, its progress would be quicker. Interkarma has done the majority of the work, though he's had excellent support from several other developers on certain aspects of the project. The best way to get Daggerfall Unity sooner is to find more people who can help develop it.

With that said, the progress so far has been astounding for a team with one main developer. For comparison, OpenMW's team started development in late 2011, and it's generally functional but lacks a lot of mod capabilities compared to classic Morrowind; and Tamriel Rebuilt's team began in 2002, and half the mainland is finished so far after 14 years. Daggerfall Unity started in late 2014, and once 0.4 is finished we'll have a game that's beatable, though without magic.

JohnStar145

Re: Just a question I wanted to ask.

Post by JohnStar145 »

Ah I see