configuring cycles

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Reskal

configuring cycles

Post by Reskal »

Hello all,

not sure if this is the forums i want but it seems here are many people experienced with my problem.

I play daggerfall on windows 7 with the DOS-box 0.74 and to say it in short terms, i cannot swim. I'm just sitting in the water doing nothing, not able to climb out anymore, and i don't want to use waterwalking cause this doesn't raise my swimming skill.
Now i googled and found that the problem must be the cycles, because climbing works not that easy also, sometimes my char just won't climb.
In my game client(windowmodus) cycles is set to max, that i see but i cannot find a way to change the cycles to "auto" or playing around with numbers.
and the cfg.files i found in my daggerfall-file do not say something about cycles.
Someone can help me in this ?

LypyL

Re: configuring cycles

Post by LypyL »

Hello Reskal, and welcome to the forums! :)
because climbing works not that easy also, sometimes my char just won't climb.
Heh - I think that's just Daggerfall :D Your climb skill effects your % of climbing, so just have to hump the wall the exact right way (so you don't drift side to side) until you start climbing.
In my game client(windowmodus) cycles is set to max, that i see but i cannot find a way to change the cycles to "auto" or playing around with numbers.
It should just be setting cycles=auto in DosBox.conf

Reskal

Re: configuring cycles

Post by Reskal »

Many thanks, for some reason i did not choose a program to open the config file at former tries so i couldn't edit it. Tried to use "auto" but still did not help. Played around then with numbers and 20.000 to 25.000 ist the range where things are perfect :)