Thieves and Dark Brotherhood

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hazelnut

Thieves and Dark Brotherhood

Post by Hazelnut »

According to UESP and the promotion messages, Tg & DB give out dungeon locations when you're promoted. I was wondering if these were any dungeon or only graveyards so spent an hour testing in classic running in DosBox. Doesn't work for any rank in either guild for me. Messages simply have nothing where the dungeon name should be.

Maybe it's something wierd with my setup or character, or possibly because I edited some stats and rep for testing (otherwise it would take dozens of hours)

Has anyone actually got a dungeon revealed from one of these guilds in classic? I'm going to implement it properly in DFU, but it would be nice to know if there were some restriction on the dungeon type. Some of the messages state dungeon and some graveyard. Any info gratefully received!

Also not really sure why DB gives a location every promotion, but TG only when joining and rank 6 & 8 - still will trust UESP and implement that way.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seterwind

Re: Thieves and Dark Brotherhood

Post by Seterwind »

I'm working on playing through with a non edited character. I'm currently testing guilds out and I'll attempt to get into DB to see. Will take me a couple of days to report back.