A couple of DF:U questions from someone interested

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Carda

A couple of DF:U questions from someone interested

Post by Carda »

Hello DF:U community,

Let me first applaud the developers of this awesome remake. You are doing a GREAT job here. Started the game with a couple of mods and this truely looks amazing. I hope you can tackle the magic/status/potion system, it sounds like one of the hardest part in the road to completion.

Now the few questions I have,

*) Nice job in finishing the main quest and making it into a playable state. Do random sidequests work and do all guilds have quest in a working order atm? The most fun was doing sidequests and leveling up in DF.
*) Such a shame potions/magic/enchantments don't work atm, but for the rest everything works?
*) Does sneaking work in DF:U? Probably I don't have enough stealth (40) to make it work? Tried to get to a warrior who turned his back towards me but he heard me from a couple of yards away.

When I have more questions, I'll be sure to ask them.

Thanks developers for your hard work and good luck on the project(s) you're working on atm,
Carda

Feralwarlord

Re: A couple of DF:U questions from someone interested

Post by Feralwarlord »

Carda wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:12 pm Hello DF:U community,

Let me first applaud the developers of this awesome remake. You are doing a GREAT job here. Started the game with a couple of mods and this truely looks amazing. I hope you can tackle the magic/status/potion system, it sounds like one of the hardest part in the road to completion.

Now the few questions I have,

*) Nice job in finishing the main quest and making it into a playable state. Do random sidequests work and do all guilds have quest in a working order atm? The most fun was doing sidequests and leveling up in DF.
*) Such a shame potions/magic/enchantments don't work atm, but for the rest everything works?
*) Does sneaking work in DF:U? Probably I don't have enough stealth (40) to make it work? Tried to get to a warrior who turned his back towards me but he heard me from a couple of yards away.

When I have more questions, I'll be sure to ask them.

Thanks developers for your hard work and good luck on the project(s) you're working on atm,
Carda
stealth does indeed work you'll find at 40 stealth you'll be able to get alot closed to enemies before they notice you than a character with low stealth and will sometimes be able to sneak right up behind them, you'll be able to do this much more often at higher skill levels, I've found around 50-60 is where you start to be able to get right behind enemies on a fairly regular basis.

the roadmap http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... y/roadmap/ is where you can see the current progress on the games systems. there's also roadmaps for the quest system http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... em-status/ and effect system http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... em-status/ specifically.

the side quest are a bit of a mixed bag at the moment some like the Fighters Guild are largely complete others like the attached temple one are in progress and some guilds like the Dark Brotherhood haven't been added yet.
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (34).png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2449 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the kind words. :)

When sneaking, don't forget to use the sneak key as well, it's different the crouch key in Daggerfall. You probably knew this already, but worth mentioning just in case.

Just to add to the answer above you can join and progress in all guilds now, even Thieves and Dark Brotherhood. Some of the text macros in popups and dialog might not expand correctly due to not being implemented yet, but the quests available should be playable in latest build. If you get stuck with a particular quest, please open a thread in help & support and we'll see if we can get things moving. Part of the process in pre-alpha is fixing quests where possible.

Some quests are not served up to player based on compatibility at this time, such as quests that rely on effect system and spells. These will be enabled later in the roadmap when possible.

Carda

Post by Carda »

Thank you for the detailed answers! I played the game for an hour or so yesterday and its good to be back in Daggerfall. Gonna really dig into this once you guys have tackled the magic/potion/effects system. Keep it up, can't wait to replay this game after SO long.