Roadmap question

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ClownCar

Roadmap question

Post by ClownCar »

Which portion of the roadmap would include speaking to NPCs regarding the location of other NPCs or locations?
I would assume it is the "Odd jobs (talk: tell me about work) (Numidium)", however I interpret this as asking an NPC for a job to do rather than information regarding a quest you're currently doing.

Jay_H

Re: Roadmap question

Post by Jay_H »

It looks like it isn't specifically enumerated in the roadmap. Each step of the roadmap has the implicit suggestion that more things will be added to previous steps as time goes on, and I believe that's what'll happen in this case.

Interkarma

Re: Roadmap question

Post by Interkarma »

Jay has nailed the answer perfectly. That one isn't assigned to anybody yet and wasn't specifically on roadmap.

I've added this item to roadmap now. Maybe one of the guys familiar with talk interface (Nystul/Numidium/Hazelnut) will be interested in picking it up. Otherwise I'll just loop back to it when I can.

In the meantime, the quest debugger (left shift+tab) is a good workaround for finding NPCs or target buildings for active quests. You just need to be within city limits of a appropriate town where quest is placed.