Increased Viewing Distance Mod?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
EpicSpellsword404

Increased Viewing Distance Mod?

Post by EpicSpellsword404 »

First, I'd like to say that I'm amazed by Interkarma's godlike dedication and skill.

I downloaded Nystul's latest release of the mod, but it seems like it needs a previous version too. When I tried to access the first version though, it seems that it had been deleted.

Could someone please provide a link?

Interkarma

Re: Increased Viewing Distance Mod?

Post by Interkarma »

G'day EpicSpellsword404! Thanks, and welcome to the forums! :)

I'll let Nystul handle the support here, as he knows the release history of his mod better than myself. But if there's anything I can do to help either of you, someone let me know.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

EpicSpellsword404 wrote:First, I'd like to say that I'm amazed by Interkarma's godlike dedication and skill.

I downloaded Nystul's latest release of the mod, but it seems like it needs a previous version too. When I tried to access the first version though, it seems that it had been deleted.

Could someone please provide a link?
Hello! What kind of error message/problem do you get/experience?

It should not depend on previous versions - if it does, it is definitely a bug.

which revision number of DFTFU are you trying to get to play together with my mod?

i tested my mod with 1.3.37 - are you on a more recent version/or in the WIP branch? then you will may have to modify some lines in the scripts, latest mod version is 1.5

EpicSpellsword404

DERP

I had version 1.3.31

Thanks for the help!

Also, the fog is only working for the terrain not generated by the mod. What did I do wrong?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

EpicSpellsword404 wrote:DERP

I had version 1.3.31

Thanks for the help!

Also, the fog is only working for the terrain not generated by the mod. What did I do wrong?
not completely sure about that one.

Make sure the rendering mode of the MainCamera (PlayerAdvanced->Camera gameobject) is Legacy Deferred.
Make sure you made fog settings in lighting tab (enabled, mode: exponential, density: 0.000025).
In IncreasedTerrainDistance.cs script: set #define ENHANCED_SKY_AVAILABLE if enhanced sky mod is also activated otherwise comment it out: //#define ENHANCED_SKY_AVAILABLE

let me know if that helped ;)

EpicSpellsword404

Never mind, it's not a problem with the fog, it's just that the transition between the normal terrain and the increased distance terrain in the water looks weird.

Thanks again for the help.

I'll go back to lurking now :)