Wrong city blocks loading in city

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Kepling

Wrong city blocks loading in city

Post by Kepling »

Wayrest city loads Sentinel blocks in DFU 0.1.1. Save game included.

Added bonus: Check the wagon for about 250lbs of ingredients if you still need them.
Attachments
SAVE4.zip
(71.03 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Interkarma

Re: Wrong city blocks loading in city

Post by Interkarma »

Well that's novel. Thank you for the save. I can confirm something is going wrong there, but not sure exactly what yet. I'll devote more time to this first chance I get. Cheers!

Kepling

Post by Kepling »

With the addition of fast travel in 0.2 it's a lot easier to travel around to check this out. The common factor between all these locations is that they are all coastal so that may be a lead into what's causing this. All of the inland towns I've visited appear to be okay but I'll compare the town maps in DosBox to DFU when I have some time to double check, so far the red flag for me is seeing camels where there shouldn't be camels. I've started a list as I've found these.

Wayrest Provence: Towns-
Chestertown <-Town from the above save
Eastwold
Tunmont
Greyville Court
Oxshire
Burgmarket Minster
The Black Goblin Pub
Vanhope Hall
Longmore Field
Cromcroft Borough
Merwark Hollow
Chardale
Homes-
Hawksley Hall
Coppersly Hall

Gavaudon Provence: Towns-
Arking Hall

Mournoth Provence: Towns-
Meseraara
Tharcer Hall

Satakalaam Provence: Towns-
Naranu

On a positive side note fast travel has worked perfectly for me while doing this.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the update! Yep, it seems to be a region sampling problem for locations along a region boundary. My offsets are probably just a land pixel or two out of whack.