help windows

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Cristalnoir

help windows

Post by Cristalnoir »

Daggerfall unity is properly installed. I open the scene "DaggerfallUnityGame" I correctly configures the path etc ..... and when I start the game. ALL models do not appear. There are sound, displacement etc ... But do not dungeon nor outside.
the unity console states:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ProjectIncreasedTerrainDistance.IncreasedTerrainDistance.SetUpCameras () (at Assets/Assets/Game/Addons/IncreasedTerrainDistanceMod/Scripts/IncreasedTerrainDistance.cs:635)
ProjectIncreasedTerrainDistance.IncreasedTerrainDistance.Start () (at Assets/Assets/Game/Addons/IncreasedTerrainDistanceMod/Scripts/IncreasedTerrainDistance.cs:481)
Help?
Cristalnoir studio

Interkarma

Re: help windows

Post by Interkarma »

This forum is for bug reports in Daggerfall Unity (the game). It sounds like you're operating inside of the Unity editor and therefore need support for Daggerfall Tools for Unity. As this is not a bug, I will move to the Help & Support forum now.

Please double-check you are using the correct version of Unity (5.4.0f3) and have properly cloned or downloaded the latest full project from git. You should also start with all mods disabled (recommend deleting your INI from persistent data path to reset defaults), and start from the DaggerfallUnityStartup scene - not the game scene.

The error you're seeing is generated by the increased terrain distance mod. This will not happen if using the correct version of Unity and the project has been properly cloned from source.

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

I used the well 5.4.0f3 release. I downloaded Daggerfall unity master, only editable versions. No mod is activated.
in "unity startup" there is not the world streaming, not birdspawner, not enchancedsky, etc...
Cristalnoir studio

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cristalnoir wrote:I used the well 5.4.0f3 release. I downloaded Daggerfall unity master, only editable versions. No mod is activated.
Please follow actions I have suggested:
  1. Delete your INI file.
  2. Start from the DaggerfallUnityStartup scene.
  3. Start with all mods disabled.
The far terrain mod is almost certainly enabled in your INI file, as this gameobject shouldn't do anything if disabled. You could also try disabling the gameobject in the scene directly.

And when you clone the project from master, make sure you're cloning into a fresh new folder, not on top of an older copy of the project. It's a full project, you need to open the folder containing Assets and ProjectSettings (i.e. not just copy asset files into another project).

I recently cloned the project while preparing a tutorial video, and I guarantee it's working normally from a fresh clone.

I hope that's of some help. If you still experience issues working from source, it might be worth waiting a while until the tutorials are updated, that should help you get started with working from the code side of things. :)

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

Manual help, I have no INI file. When I run "unitystartup", the mod selection page appears, select I do nothing, but I can not play.
It's a new project.

alright, when I disables "IncreasedTerrainDistanceMod", it works

We must not create a mod with the scene "DaggerfallUnityGame"?
Cristalnoir studio

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

seems like the global fog script is not present as component attached to your main camera.
will add an additional null check though on my side.

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

the global fog script IS present as component attached to my main camera. When I disables, that makes me the same thing. always the same problem.
I must disables "IncreasedTerrainDistanceMod" to remove this problem.
Cristalnoir studio

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

ok thanks for tutoriel. No problem now.
great job!
Cristalnoir studio