Can't start any quest from the game

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Saint Ganmedin

Can't start any quest from the game

Post by Saint Ganmedin »

Whenever I go to a guild and ask for a quest, the NPC simply tell me to be patient and then the dialogue box closes, and the quest list never shows. Tried to disable the quest list, and then the dialogue box just don't show. Tried asking NPC for any work avaiable, and they keep saying they hired someone else. Tried using a fix save, restart the game, create another character with ZERO mods... and simply nothing works. Please, help.

Interkarma

Re: Can't start any quest from the game

Post by Interkarma »

The last time I heard of this specific issue, the Daggerfall Unity folder was damaged and missing files. The user's StreamingAssets/Quests folder was missing all contents, indicating it had not been unzipped properly or not copied fully from one place to another.

Assuming your classic game data is all OK, I'd suggest deleting your Daggerfall Unity folder (e.g. from "C:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\0.10.24") then downloading and unzipping a fresh copy.

Maybe worth setting up again completely fresh using the DaggerfallGameFiles method. This is now the recommended way to install Daggerfall Unity. Your success may vary with other setup methods due to factors we cannot control.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

To summarise:
  • Unzip DaggerfallGameFiles somewhere like C:\Games\Daggerfall
  • Unzip DaggerfallUnity somewhere else like C:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\0.10.24 (match version used)
  • Delete your settings.ini from persistent data path then run DFU again and point to the fresh game data above.
Because you've potentially setup with game data that potentially isn't working, don't skip step 3. You have to delete settings.ini and point to new game data unzipped in step 1.

Let me know if the above doesn't help and we'll test a few things more directly to see what's happening.

Saint Ganmedin

Post by Saint Ganmedin »

You my kind sir, saved my whole Elder Scrolls Marathon, and also my whole week of playing. I can't thank you enough! :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm happy that helped! Thank you for posting update. :)

LuckyMan

Post by LuckyMan »

Was searching for it a year ago lol xd

When I was creating my own game, I also had a problem with npc, the game even didn`t released because of that.