[0.10.26a] Stuttering while in towns - Diagnostic tools?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Gilga

Re: [0.10.26a] Stuttering while in towns - Diagnostic tools?

Post by Gilga »

Luzur wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm I am using that version, but i fixed the stuttering alot by diong some settings wizardry.
Can you specify?
I'm seem to be having the same problems, despite using the fix version of Villager Immersion Overhaul.
Loading also seem to get significantly longer.

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

Have you tried to play in "Retro Rendering Mode" (in the advanced options) to see if the problem does not come from the original rendering ?
Additionally, have you tried to disable one by one (and test with the same town saved game) to see if there's a mod in particular that create the stutter and noticably increase the loading time ?

Once you find the culprit, things should be easier as if the mod has settings , trying to play with them until you find one that does not stutter could help, if the problem mod has no editable settings, unfortunately no other choice other than removing it.

By example, i had very noticable sttuter in the Daggerfall city, it was snowing. On some test i noticed that when it wasn't snowing i had no problem.
Remembering that i had the "Better Ambience" mod enabled, after some testing it looks like the "Enable Better Rain" and "Enable Better Snow" were the problem as disabling those options fixed my stutter.

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Gilga wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 pm
Luzur wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm I am using that version, but i fixed the stuttering alot by diong some settings wizardry.
Can you specify?
I'm seem to be having the same problems, despite using the fix version of Villager Immersion Overhaul.
Loading also seem to get significantly longer.
i havent played since around december, so i cant really remember, but i changed some sliders and reinstalled the mod, that seemed to have fixed it. exactly what did it, i cant say anymore.
"Load the muskets"