Lycanthropy cured via console, game still thinks I'm werewolf even after loading pre-were save

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Chobin

Lycanthropy cured via console, game still thinks I'm werewolf even after loading pre-were save

Post by Chobin »

So to clarify, I didn't want to be a werewolf. I caught the disease and went from temple to temple to try to get it cured but everywhere I went said that I didn't even have a disease. Eventually I just transformed so I said screw it and removed the lycanthropy via console. I reverted back to normal but I wasn't able to access my inventory, couldn't loot corpses, etc.

I tried sating my hunger via console, but it said I'm not a were. Tried murdering villagers, they run away because they think I'm a werewolf. Tried removing the curse again via console, it said I'm not a were. Went and loaded a previous save before I had even contracted lycanthropy, the game still believes I'm a werewolf.

Exiting out of the game and entering it again fixed it. I'm putting it here in the 'possibly a bug' section because this technically isn't a bug you would encounter via normal gameplay, it's just console jank.

Interkarma

Re: Lycanthropy cured via console, game still thinks I'm werewolf even after loading pre-were save

Post by Interkarma »

Hey welcome to the forums. :)

In theory the effect should end and wipe everything to do with lycanthropy, but it sounds like it got stuck somehow until game restarted. Can you recall if you were transformed into beast mode when you used the console command? I'll try to reproduce when possible.

Chobin

Re: Lycanthropy cured via console, game still thinks I'm werewolf even after loading pre-were save

Post by Chobin »

Thank you!

And yes, I was already transformed into a wereboar and had not tried to sate my hunger when I had used the console command.

To go into a bit more detail, it was this character's first time experiencing lycanthropy, before the transformation I was in the wilderness just outside of a town waiting for several in-game days because, since the temples told me I didn't have a disease (even though I knew I had lycanthropy from the movie) I thought I needed to experience a transformation before I could be cured. After the transformation I waited another several in-game days without even attempting to kill an innocent hoping for the transformation to reverse, but it never did. After several days I console removed the curse, but the game still thought my character was a were creature despite the sprite changing back, even when I reloaded an old save.

[edit]Ah, and an addendum to the 'temples said I wasn't diseased' thing. I discovered it was because from the place I had contracted lycanthropy, Sentinel was a 5 day 'cautious' fast travel away. But when I traveled 'recklessly' I was able to get to a temple just in time to be cured. So there was nothing wrong there, I just thought the three day timer started after watching the 'movie', not immediately as soon as you get struck by a were and roll that 0.6%.

mokkorista

Post by mokkorista »

I have a similar problem. On the contrary, I wanted to become a werewolf, so I can play this game as a superman without resorting to cheating. :mrgreen:
1) the only way to spawn villagers to sate hunger is to change to the human form for few seconds in the middle of a place, however:
  • I keep changing back to the werewolf even though my hunger is satiated
  • No change in reputation at all
2) console commands don't help at all except complete removal of the disease and getting reinfected.

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums mokkorista !

Well, your problems are different, so don't hijack old threads; And it seems you have no idea how lycanthropy works, so if you really want to (ab)use it, I think you should go read about lycanthropy mechanisms in Daggerfall
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Lycanthropy
(some of the bugs described there do not apply to Daggerfall Unity)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart