"Unable to access to Unity services"

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Y07A

"Unable to access to Unity services"

Post by Y07A »

Hello everyone I'm new on this forum,
I'm very interrested by DFU and I downloaded the project for Unity.
I'm actually trying to build it for android, but Unity said me "Unable to access to Unity services. Please login, or request membership to this project to use these services " on the build tab.
What I'm supposed to do ? how can I become a member ?

Interkarma

Re: "Unable to access to Unity services"

Post by Interkarma »

Hey welcome to the forums. :)

To build Daggerfall Unity, you need the following:
  • Unity 2019.4.10f1 (specifically this version).
  • Clone or download of the source, preferably from a tagged release.
Please note that only desktop Windows, Linux, Mac are supported platforms. There is no build support or asset handling code in the game suitable for mobile platforms.

To access Unity Services, you need to be logged in inside the engine with your Unity account - but this has nothing to do with DFU. Unity Services aren't required to build locally. For general support using the Unity engine itself, best to use the Unity forums or the subreddit /r/unity3d.

Y07A

Re: "Unable to access to Unity services"

Post by Y07A »

Ok, thanks, now I'm facing to a lot of error about the code compiler script during the build, maybe these functions doesn't exist on android. I actually use unity to create basics games so I don't understand all DFU features :D
Is someone already successed to build it for Android ?