[0.10.27] Font Issues with 4:3 resolutions

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
blinkz

[0.10.27] Font Issues with 4:3 resolutions

Post by blinkz »

Hello! I've noticed two unique issues with SDF Font Rendering when it is enabled, and also when it is disabled when using a 4:3 resolution (I play on 1280x960).

The first issue is if you have SDF Font Rendering enabled and you use the "Find" feature on the travel map. When you begin to type, the words are squished with the "Enter name of place" text. It's a little hard to explain, so I attached a picture for clarity.

The second issue is if you have SDF Font Rendering disabled and you read a board sign just as you enter a town. If the text is long, it will be cut off and the words will go off the box and are even beyond the black borders of the resolution. I couldn't find an example, as when I went to the signs on my character they all just said the name of the town, but there is a chance they will say something a long the lines of "these people are sworn enemies to us". It's a little more than that, but it depends on how long the text is.

Thank you for reading :)
Attachments
SDF Bug 4by3.png
SDF Bug 4by3.png (228.79 KiB) Viewed 454 times

pango

Re: [0.10.27] Font Issues with 4:3 resolutions

Post by pango »

blinkz wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:32 pm The second issue is if you have SDF Font Rendering disabled and you read a board sign just as you enter a town. If the text is long, it will be cut off and the words will go off the box and are even beyond the black borders of the resolution.
That one is a known issue: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1941
From the look of it, it doesn't require 4:3 resolution
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart