Daggerfall Unity Black Screen Blue Cursor.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Redact_ed

Daggerfall Unity Black Screen Blue Cursor.

Post by Redact_ed »

This is a very annoying problem, I am trying to play Daggerfall Unity and I boot it up, nothing. So I try unzipping a new file, still nothing. So I check the forums, and I see that it says to check if all of your Tables .txt files are there, I check, still nothing. Can anyone please help me on this?

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity Black Screen Blue Cursor.

Post by Interkarma »

Hey welcome to forums. :)

A black screen means your game data isn't compatible. Please setup using the recommended DaggerfallGameFiles method.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

To summarise:
  1. Unzip DaggerfallGameFiles somewhere like C:\Games\Daggerfall
  2. Unzip Daggerfall Unity somewhere else like C:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\0.10.27 (match version used)
  3. Delete settings.ini from your persistent data path. See here to find settings.ini on your platform. Then run DFU again and point to game data location in step 1.
Because you're likely using incompatible game data, don't skip step 3. Also, please don't install any mods at all until you've confirmed base game is working first.

Once you've setup game using method above, we can start troubleshooting further if problems continue. Good luck!