Mantella - Great Pyramid 2nd trapdoor not opening.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
HandToHandOnly

Mantella - Great Pyramid 2nd trapdoor not opening.

Post by HandToHandOnly »

Hello I've run into a game-breaking bug where the second trapdoor within the Great Pyramid within Mantella as part of the "Journey into Aetherius" quest refuses to open DESPITE me activating the Lever within the cavern to the side of the Graveyard Island. Is this a known bug? is there some sort of console command I could utilize to get through the stuck trapdoor?

HandToHandOnly

Re: Mantella - Great Pyramid 2nd trapdoor not opening.

Post by HandToHandOnly »

Managed to get through by using Teleport + Levitation to clip through it.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,

Can't rule out a bug, but many players complete the main quest without any "cheats" so it's not very likely. A game save could be useful to check whether it's a bug or if you missed something (Like clicking on a tombstone that behaves as a toggle, maybe).

Check here how to find save directories; Make a ZIP archive of the whole directory and attach it to a post here.
Thanks!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I seem to remember getting stuck there. But I think I consulted a walkthrough. Or maybe I just loaded back and tried again?
A lot of the mechanics in that dungeon are cryptic to say the least.