Can't Join Dark Brotherhood

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
lessthanoff

Can't Join Dark Brotherhood

Post by lessthanoff »

Hi there. :)

So I am attempting to join the Dark Brotherhood. However, the invitation never seems to appear in my inventory. I defeated three villagers and at least 25 guards, waited several days, and nothing has happened. I then created a test save and proceeded to defeat at least 100 guards and 30 villagers, waited for several in-game months, and still never received an invitation.

I can force it to happen through the console it seems, but I would rather not resort to that, because a.) it feels like cheating, and b.) because it apparently skips the acceptance test you would normally have to complete in order to be allowed into the faction.

None of the other letters or invitations seem affected. I am still getting letters from the Cartographer's Guild, the main quest, vampire hunters, as well as a recent invitation from the Thieves Guild (since I broke into a shop one night during my spree and stole a bunch of stuff in there). Only the Dark Brotherhood seems to not work.

I am a vampire (if that might have anything to do with it - and no, I never was a part of the Dark Brotherhood before I turned).

I am using BasicMagicRegen; Birds in Daggerfall; Daggerfall Skyshards; Decorator; Distant Terrain; RoleplayRealism; DREAM; Enhanced Sky; Handpainted Models; Improved Interior Lighting; Real Grass; Post Processing; Taverns Redone Dream patch; Villager Immersion Overhaul; Taverns Redone; Vibrant Wind; Vampiric Options - as well as three quest packs: Kamer's WAQ; Quest Pack 1; Forgotten Quest Pack.