Various reputation-based quirks that might not be intentional

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
NJOs

Various reputation-based quirks that might not be intentional

Post by NJOs »

Apparently, giving the Totem to Mr. Worms doesn't affect reputation with commoners and his own faction (they refuse to talk to me). Is this meant to be like this?

What got my reputation with commoners down in the first place was borrowing from the bank and running. It is my understanding that under the original DOS game, overtime, the banker would just forgive you. Here, it continuously lowers your legal reputation and apparently your reputation with commoners as well. I don't want to argue if the latter is realistic, but is it intended? Doing the drug smuggling quest fixes legal reputation, but not with commoners, which blocks associated knightly orders. Is that also intended?

pango

Re: Various reputation-based quirks that might not be intentional

Post by pango »

Hi NJOs,
NJOs wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:04 pm What got my reputation with commoners down in the first place was borrowing from the bank and running. It is my understanding that under the original DOS game, overtime, the banker would just forgive you. Here, it continuously lowers your legal reputation and apparently your reputation with commoners as well. I don't want to argue if the latter is realistic, but is it intended?
That looks like a bug, when the loan is overdue the bank repays itself as much as possible using your own account, but if that's not sufficient set your status to defaulted, but doesn't clear what's left of the loan, so you'll default again on next check.
I don't know what happens exactly in classic, it's easy to modify the code to just clear the load, but that's just one option...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Re: Various reputation-based quirks that might not be intentional

Post by pango »

I submitted a PR
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart