Can no longer jump?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
HalfBaked

Can no longer jump?

Post by HalfBaked »

Idunno, everything else works, and I have like 30kg free space in my inventory, and I've leveled jumping quite a bit but the jump key just doesn't work.

Interkarma

Re: Can no longer jump?

Post by Interkarma »

Maybe a binding issue? First double-check keybinds to make sure it's still bound to the key you expect.

Another possibility is Slowfall, which blocks jumping. If you have a magic item or spell granting the Slowfall effect you won't be able to jump until the spell is removed.

Levitate also blocks jumping, but you'll float upwards when pressing jump so it's a bit more obvious.

HalfBaked

Re: Can no longer jump?

Post by HalfBaked »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:42 am Maybe a binding issue? First double-check keybinds to make sure it's still bound to the key you expect.

Another possibility is Slowfall, which blocks jumping. If you have a magic item or spell granting the Slowfall effect you won't be able to jump until the spell is removed.

Levitate also blocks jumping, but you'll float upwards when pressing jump so it's a bit more obvious.
It was slowfall. I noticed when I traveled somewhere. Every time I travel I cast a bunch of spells to level. Thief/mage. Thank you for the response, and sorry for not noticing the sub-board.