Jumping Spell

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
NJOs

Jumping Spell

Post by NJOs »

I'm experiencing a related issue in that the spell jump no longer influences jumping as of Alpha 0.10.28. It is possible it started before that build.

Interkarma

Re: Jumping Spell

Post by Interkarma »

This is unrelated to the topic you posted in. That topic was very specifically a result of the Slowfalling spell being active, which blocks jumping entirely.

There are no known issues with the Jumping spell, and it definitely influences jumping height. Please provide a save to reproduce if you'd like someone to take a closer look.

Ideally, please upgrade to 0.11.0. Jumping heights have been closely matched to classic as of this version. You will find jumping to be less high in all situations from the beta releases onwards.

NJOs

Re: Jumping Spell

Post by NJOs »

It indeed does affect jump height, I was just used to the multiplier in previous versions being much higher than 2x, to the point of being an alternative to levitate. I had never used the spell in the original DOS version. My apologies.