Archery Issue

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
FrancoStrider

Archery Issue

Post by FrancoStrider »

There is something I've noticed with trying to shoot an arrow. A lot of the time, the arrow stops (I can hear the landing sound) right in front of your face as though obstructed by something. Sometimes, it's because an enemy is in a cage or behind a brush.

But sometimes, it's something as simple as trying to shoot from one platform, down to another one. Like, in one of those really open dungeon rooms, shooting down from a high place. There is no fence, or anything between me and the target, and judging by the sound, the arrow is stopping right in front of me.

Edit: My character is over 90 in archery, with 100 agility.

Nystul

Re: Archery Issue

Post by Nystul »

could you provide a savegame and intructions how to reproduce the issue please

pango

Post by pango »

I already reported similar issues: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4316
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Not sure, but I suspect the automap geometry in layer "Automap" to be the culprit - It could be that this layer is not correctly ignored for arrow collisions
I would like to test this so I would need a save game and a list of steps how to reproduce this

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Pango's link above to bug reports has a save and a good explanation of problem. Thanks for taking a look Nystul, just let me know if anything I can help with. :)