0.11.1/vanilla. Dungeons starting with "THe" in the name

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
AuntiePixel

0.11.1/vanilla. Dungeons starting with "THe" in the name

Post by AuntiePixel »

I've noticed a few dungeons with the typo "THe" in the name, like "THe Mastersmith crypt" or similar.

Is this a bug to fix? Or being kept to match the early Bethesda charm of the original?

Interkarma

Re: 0.11.1/vanilla. Dungeons starting with "THe" in the name

Post by Interkarma »

All location names, map layouts, etc. are read directly from the classic install. Gamedata issues like these carry over onto DFU.

We do have some potential to fix. From 0.11.1 modded WorldData can override location names on travel map. This is expensive just to fix a name however.

I'm also looking into moving location names into localisation system and text assets, which would allow these typos to be fixed in core (and translated into other languages). That's further down the road though.

AuntiePixel

Post by AuntiePixel »

Makes sense, thanks

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

In the meantime, I'm looking at fixing this problem for my mod. I also found a list of the dungeons that have this problem here: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... rds?from=T

They all seem to be of the format "THe Crypts of X" (e.g THe Crypts of Mastersmith).