Mod Load Order

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Leebee

Mod Load Order

Post by Leebee »

I know if there's a mod loading conflict, it says that the mod in the lower position will load but I'm unclear as to whether that means that mod 5 will win over mod 4 (& earlier mods in the list) or if it's the other way round.

Could someone clarify the matter for me, please?

Ralzar

Re: Mod Load Order

Post by Ralzar »

Mods are loaded from the top of the list first. Which means, that the lower a mod is on the list, the later it gets loaded.

If it loads later, it can override changes done by mods loaded earlier.

Many mods, like most of mine, include code to check for this asks you if you want to rearrange the mods to the correct order.

Leebee

Re: Mod Load Order

Post by Leebee »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:18 pm Mods are loaded from the top of the list first. Which means, that the lower a mod is on the list, the later it gets loaded.

If it loads later, it can override changes done by mods loaded earlier.

Many mods, like most of mine, include code to check for this asks you if you want to rearrange the mods to the correct order.
Thanks for clearing that up with me. I also hadn't known about the code checking in mods.