DFU launcher not initiating [Windows]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
0c4rt0l4

DFU launcher not initiating [Windows]

Post by 0c4rt0l4 »

I was able to play normaly until yesterday. Now it's afternoon, and since last night, whenever I try to run Daggerfall Unity, it just shows a black screen. The game doesn't chash, the computer doesn't crash and any other program functions normaly. The mouse arrow changes to the daggerfall blue arrow thing when I maximise the game screen, but other than that, It shows no sings of working...

I tried wating for a minute or two, but nothing changes. Should I reinstall or update the game, or is there some other way? I was already wanting to update anyway, but how do I keep my saves?

the version is (I ***think***) 0.10.7. but I might be misremembering

pango

Re: DFU launcher not initiating [Windows]

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, 0c4rt0l4!

Have a look into the Persistent Data Path directory.

You should find an output_log.txt file, that could be useful to understand what's going on (we could have a look, if you zip it and attach it to a post to this very forum);
And also a settings.ini file, that you can try to remove or rename to see if that's a problem with some setting.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart